Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #16
North Star
Max

Re: Who would like to be able to mute/ignore the P&R subforum from spearboard?

Is no one here mature enough to just scroll past what you do not want to read? Do you need to be protected from having to be exposed to titles of threads that you find uninteresting?

If you are that fragile, go spend more time with your pacifier to sooth your hurt feelings. Sign up for a board where all you ever hear is an echo of your own voice.

I scroll past many diving related threads I am not interested in reading, and I do not cry for the Moderator to make it so I cannot see them.

Grow up. Having to read thread titles that do not interest you is not an assault on you. Just move on to the next title.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #17
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Is no one here mature enough to just scroll past what you do not want to read? Do you need to be protected from having to be exposed to titles of threads that you find uninteresting?

If you are that fragile, go spend more time with your pacifier to sooth your hurt feelings. Sign up for a board where all you ever hear is an echo of your own voice.

I scroll past many diving related threads I am not interested in reading, and I do not cry for the Moderator to make it so I cannot see them.

Grow up. Having to read thread titles that do not interest you is not an assault on you. Just move on to the next title.
Wisdom
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #18
Rosstnfound
47.3 lbs

Count me in for an opt out option for the "new posts" section.

I don't care if there is a P&R section, though I fail to see any relevance to a spearfishing forum. My guess is if there were an "Animal Sex" section that made up 20% of the "New Posts" with graphic titles, most people would want the option to not have to "scroll past what you don't want to read", but to be able to block it from showing up in the first place. I respect the "Just don't read it then" argument only when you can choose to visit (or not) the section where the content is posted.
Rosstnfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 AM   #19
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
...Grow up. Having to read thread titles that do not interest you is not an assault on you. Just move on to the next title.
It's not about feeling "assaulted" or "offended" - I personally prefer seeing off topic stuff so I can decide if it interests me.

It's about being able to customize your experience here to suit your preferences.

I have an Android phone because I can customize it to my needs and liking. I greatly dislike the whole Apple ecosystem for its rigid dictatorial style that tells you what you are allowed to like or dislike.

These people are asking for the freedom to customize the Spearboard experience to their needs, which I think is a reasonable request.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:10 PM   #20
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Brown View Post
It's not about feeling "assaulted" or "offended" - I personally prefer seeing off topic stuff so I can decide if it interests me.

It's about being able to customize your experience here to suit your preferences.

I have an Android phone because I can customize it to my needs and liking. I greatly dislike the whole Apple ecosystem for its rigid dictatorial style that tells you what you are allowed to like or dislike.

These people are asking for the freedom to customize the Spearboard experience to their needs, which I think is a reasonable request.
Good point.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:22 PM   #21
Polespearo
Waterman

North star and Fitz.

I do Not need a safe space nor a diaper change. I just feel annoyed and wish i could have the option to not see the P&R subforum when I navigate my spearfishinf forum.

As for your atacks and your need to be right and preach and whatever insecurities you have tha vent out here and feel good about yourselves... i couldnt care any less and i respect tha you guys are like that but explain to me one thing: you guys are telling us we need to be mature and have diapers changed and alk that by saying we should scorrll down and not pay attention YET YOU DONT DO IT YOURSELVES and have to use atacks and ridicules?
Mmm i perfectly understand your point on reinforcing my point!

You have the right to say and think whatever you want. But just because you have the right doesnt mean that whatever you think or say will be right. And if lashing out and atacking makes you feel better. By all means go ahead and by my guest tondo sonin this thread too.
Polespearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #22
SubSub

This is the kind of stuff that meets my eye when logging in. And to dig down to the 10% of readable content I have to wade through oceans of this kind of utterly bonkers, retarded shit. Its just to much, go figure why Id like to mute it...

SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #23
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
This is the kind of stuff that meets my eye when logging in. And to dig down to the 10% of readable content I have to wade through oceans of this kind of utterly bonkers, retarded shit. Its just to much, go figure why Id like to mute it...

You guys have a thing for fat guys asses?Not surprised
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #24
SubSub

And how did you read that?
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #25
mepps1

Fantasies. You've clearly pushed Subsub out into Lala Land.

Subsub, this guy is probably already taken. It's time to move on.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #26
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Fantasies.

Yeah, you seem to have a pretty vivid one.