Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > Non-Gun DIY Projects and Customizations

Non-Gun DIY Projects and Customizations This section is for your DIY spearfishing projects and customization other then spearguns.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
n2narcdout

7mm Threads for Pneumatic gun dilema

I have a Cressi 55mm gun. I love this thing for the very poor vis usually found in my area. My problem is getting tips for it. The tips Cressi sells for their shafts are junk . You have to take the tip off of the shaft to get the fish off and risk losing all the shaft rigging. I dont like not having loctite on the tip threads, but if you have to unscrew it you have no choice. I lost part of my rigging just this weekend which ended my trip since my back up gun was longer than my vis.
So far the options that I have found are to turn down the shaft and thread it for 6mm or buy adapters then put on quality tips. What I would rather do is get either quality shafts threaded for 6mm or get good tips for 7mm threads. I have had pretty iffy luck on both. Another thing I might try is carrying a piece of 1/2" PEX water pipe that fits snugly over the barbs then stabbing that back through the wound channel in the fish. Have any of you dealt with this and if so what was your fix?
n2narcdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
florfreediver

Re: 7mm Threads for Pneumatic gun dilema

There are several solutions for your dilemna as you have pointed out.

1. Buy good quality 7 mm tips with or without hold down collars. These are available from select spearo shops.

2. Change to a good quality 5/16" * 6mm threaded shaft. Also readily available.

3. Fit a snapclip (and bungie) to your shooting line and then pull the shaft through the fish, like a lot of spearos do.

Some shops may not have these items on their website, so just phone and ask.

Mike.
florfreediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
n2narcdout

Thanks for the reply Mike. Your option #1 is the best solution, I spent several hours googling with no luck but I finally found some tips through Dolphin divers in Ca via Amazon. In the future I will certainly go with 6mm threaded shafts. I want to try that bungie thing sometime too, I have never done that.

Thanks again
Jake
n2narcdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Alec

I have the same gun, 6mm shafts the only one that fits. I bought an adapter for a new tip i bought, just make sure you use a little but of super glue with the adapter
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote