Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
hatterasfreedvr

CaJun Fried fish Bites.

If you want a little Southern US variation on fried fish, I've done Cajun style the last few times that I've fried fish and it's awesome as well.

-cut skinless filets into bite sized chunks. Any kind of fresh white meat fish works. Remove as much blood colored meat as possible.

-put the chunks into a large bowl and squirt some regular yellow mustard on them (not a ton but kind of like you would want to cover a hotdog or something) After the mustard, pour some of your favorite hotsauce on top. I've been using El Yucatero green habanero sauce (don't go crazy with the sauce, but don't be scared either).

-toss and roll the filet pieces around until each one is evenly coated in the mustard/hotsauce mix.

-pour a package of Zatarain's Fish Fri into an old plastic grocery or bread bag (you can use a large bowl with lid as well)

-put your fish in the bag and shake all around until the pieces are nice and coated.

-place them on a plate and put into the fridge while you heat your oil up.

-you want your oil deep enough so that you fish pieces are completely submerged that way the fish steams inside it's breading shell without absorbing much of the oil.

- I usually have the heat on 6 or between 6 and 7 which is pretty much a touch below med high. If your oil starts smoking, remove pan for a minute and make temp adjustments.

-make sure your oil is hot and cook until the pieces look nice and crunchy golden brown flipping once during cooking.

-ball up some sheets of alum foil and then unball them. Use this to set your fish on when you pull them out of the oil. THe oil drains perfectly into the creases of the foil and you can just toss them with minimal mess or wrap uneaten fish up .

-oh yeah, sprinkle your fish with some Tony Chachere's Cajun when all the pieces are out right before you eat. Use it just like you would salt. Don't over do it because it's super salty.

-This recipe is Gluten Free for your wives as well Enjoy!
hatterasfreedvr is offline   Reply With Quote