Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #31
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Re: Dive shop open cell wetsuit issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkabodpain View Post
Never said you could not return it…..IT MUST NOT HAVE RIPS OR LUBE ON IT. And yes you can try it on if you turn it inside out but you can still tear the open cell neoprene. Thats why BUY FIRST AND EXCHANGE IF IT DOES NOT FIT AND IT IS IN BRAND NEW CONDITION. THE SIZE CHARTS ARE VERY ACCURATE SO IT SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE. YOU NEVER TRIED TO RETURN THE SUIT. I WAS ALSO NEVER NASTY OR RUDE TO YOU EVEN NOW THAT YOU'RE BEING A JERK AND BLAMING ME BECAUSE YOUR SUIT DOESN'T FIT. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR ONLINE BUT GOOD RIDDANCE TO YOU …..YOU ARE AN OUTRIGHT LIAR AND YOU SLANDERED ME WITHOUT JUST CAUSE. GOOD LUCK OUT THERE.
Perception....is always the other person's feelings. You might not have been a jerk then but....

My perception is there are always two sides to a story. My perception is this is not how a business owner takes care of customers, not even a little.

But what do I know, Im a jerk also.

Maybe next time turn down the yelling. My ears are burning
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:29 AM   #32
inkabodpain

Sorry Bro….just frustrated with this situation.
inkabodpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #33
Aunakesu

Atleast I know im not alone (a pm from a few weeks ago a member asked me what shop before i made it public).

I figured it was giant stride... I have had really excellent service and absolutely horrendous service there depending on the day, it's like a gamble as to what your gonna get when you walk in. It's almost funny... I have a Mako suit now, quality lacks a bit but the price is great.
Aunakesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #34
Aunakesu

You told me suit was not returnable. Never said try it on when u get home if it doesn't fit I'll be happy to exchange.. If you let me try suit on there would not have been a problem. Thats what post is about. Next time I spend my hard earned money on a $300 suit I'll be sure it fits before I purchase or confident the shop will not give me shit when I take it back. Your customer service sucks. Good some days bad the other just like above pm. Several shops told me I can try there.. Or return if its a bad fit. You said no returns. I am not happy with suit or customer service. Last post - sorry you don't like me giving a review of my experience at giant stride. That's business.. Why would I lie? Goodluck. A consistant better attitude might get you more repeat business in the future. End of story
Old 09-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #35
Menon

*grabs popcorn
Menon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #36
xrispearo
you cant see mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunakesu View Post
My Body is not weird at all. I'm 5'10 175lbs.

Mares Instinct Open Cell Size 6 top - Size 5 Bottom.

If anyone is interested (5MM suit)

If I could have tried it on at the store I would have known right away I needed a 5 top & 4 bottom.

Live and Learn

Suit is for sale if anyone is interested.. You can try it on before you buy it too

So you bought a wetsuit fit for a 215-235lb 6'2'' person and thought that would fit you????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mares_Size_Chart.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	221382  
Old 09-15-2015, 05:39 AM   #37
Aunakesu

The dive shop had a much more complicated Mares chart. . (chest size, arm length, waist, inseam ect..) Nothing on chart completely matched.. I was hesitant to buy, since I could not try on we did our best to get me the right size.. We spent a bunch of time measuring my body with tape. So in essence. The dive shop sold me the wrong suit..looks like maybe they should put your chart on the wall.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #38
lidiver

You are almost 100lb too light for a size 6 suit (I'm wearing a size 6, but I'm walking at 240---260lb)... and independent of attitude, the store owner probably deserves the flack for not being able to guide you. If he sold a size 6 to a 175lb dude, then you wonder what other advise is he offering.
Stefan
lidiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #39
xrispearo
you cant see mee

Lesson learned. I never walk into a store thinking the employees or owner know what the hell they're talking about. That lesson comes quickly, shopping at west marine
Old 09-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #40
Aunakesu

yup

lesson learned

since the suit is totally useless to me I'll sell it for a loss.

If anyone is interested make me an offer.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #41
StriperRider

^^^ love these convos. Encourage more on board.
StriperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #42
tread684

Just some context to the questions below, I am new to spearfishing, but have been out 30-40 trips this year around Newport in my 4/5mm surfing suit and have been having a great time. I need to purchase a wetsuit for the colder water and wanted to bring this thread back home to answer questions for folks who are considering a spearfishing wetsuit purchase:
Do creases reduce a wetsuit's efficiency to retain warmth?
Is it the experience of folks on the forum that a couple creases is no big deal for summer spearing, but get a 7mm suit for colder waters with several creases in the top and bottom and the buyer should try to return it (prior to trying it on etc)?
Is it typical that wetsuits shipped by online retailers may have creases due to their origin of manufacturer?
If so, how is it that brick an mortar store owners who receive these same wetsuits from abroad do not have creases in their inventory? Are they getting them out with some techinique?
THANKS!!!
tread684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #43
jfjf

Ideally there should be zero creases in a wetsuit. In reality, there will be some- even when the suit is brand new. I would not worry about it. Often the suits are stored folded gently in a box, when you hang them the creases may come out a little I think.

I prefer to hang my wetsuit on a heavy padded hanger. a pool noodle over a wood hanger or thick foam neoprene pipe insulation works well. I have one hanger for the jacket and one for the FJ pants.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #44
tread684

Thoughts on whether these will not effect the suit performance or work themselves out over time? (I've turned the suit inside out)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	221500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	221501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	221502   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0162.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	221503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0163.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	221504  

tread684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:52 AM   #45
Marco

A wetsuit must fit snug, so these little creases will do nothing when it stretches. Lube it with some conditioner/water mix, wear it and go spearfishing.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote