Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #16
Shorediver

Re: Poachers are scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Im usually a MYOB kind of guy but blatant disregard for game laws after a while gets me a little pissed off.
We have a guy just over the hill that is a known poacher.He is actually very friendly but he is not real bright.I dont know if its inbreeding or his momma was doing meth when she was pregnant but he makes Forrest Gump look like a genius.Local DNR guys know him and his uncle very well but no conviction on the nephew YET.I have talked to him about game laws and ethics and gave him my old NRA and NAHC magazines to enlighten him on conservation,SAFETY,and ethics.HIS WORDS..."I just looked at da pictuuuures"
Brother in law says the laws in the Bahamas are stupid and its not worth spending the time and fuel to go to Abacos unless he can fill all the coolers.So he gets receipts to cover his ass for the coolers filled with fish he and his buddies shot.Lacey Act anyone?
Assholes like these turds are why Marine Patrol or DNR are always trying to restrict gear,go through your boat or camp like you are a criminal or why the Bahamas will end up charging more to bring your boat to their waters and restrict what you can take back.
The person you described sounds a lot like some of the hillbillies I have met in South Carolina,NorthWest Florida,and other locations I have visited in the South. In South Carolina I saw them poach undersize striped bass and over the limit blue catfish.There was no DNR to be found and it seems like these people sell these fish because they caught much more than they needed. Went to a beautiful waterfall but it was dangerous getting there since all the hillbillies where driving +50 mph in narrow roads with speed limits under 30 mph. These roads are up in the mountains where there often is no road guard rail. I spoke to one of the State Park rangers there about the speeding and he seemed to not care and he told me that they do there own thing up there and that he also speeds. It felt like I went back +150 years in civilization up in those mountains and many of the houses where in terrible shape.
Shorediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #17
OBLIGATED

Re: Poachers are scum

LOL,When my brother came up to hunt he was flipping over no guard rails and traffic coming at us in our lane.Im used to it now.Still better than being on my Harley in a Florida Publix parking lot next to Century village.
Some of the mentally challenged here hit the spots where DNR drop the trout in the rivers.They load their coolers with little 9"trout and leave their garbage when they leave.
If fishing is slow Ill get the garbage together and burn it.Most of the dirtbags are known by DNR and the local LEOs.