Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Tournaments > CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championship

Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Ramon
Ramon

Pedro Carbonell high competition leaves, sad for the sport Notice

Pedro Carbonell, 'I left because it costs more every year I’
The triple world champion renunciation of international tests and compete at local level - "I need more time for family and my work," says

Morente Carbonell gave a watch as a souvenir.
Pedro Carbonell yesterday officially dismissed from the high competition. "I announce my international retirement, from now on I'll only make local trials and some other national level", said the triple world of spearfishing, adding: "I have no strength to continue and so for long rallies. I need more time for family, I have two little girls, and my job. "
"I leave because every day it costs me more," said he is already a legend in this discipline, which was accompanied by the Director General d'Esports, Javier Morente, the president of the Balearic Federation of Underwater Activities, Joan Mas, and the Tomeu captain of the Chambers and Andreu Sureda.
With eight World behind them (five teams with Spain) and ten European titles (three singles), said he has a thorn had not been able to get his fourth individual World Championship: "Maybe I have not had at times that necessary bit of luck, but leave as much remember the first World Cup in Gijón. I did not expect. "
"What will I do from now? Will compete in local tournaments and, as I have many friends and offer me their cooperation, may also participate in some national tests," said Carbonell, who thanked the institutional support received. "If I could hold up to 42 years has been thanks to the Foundation Illesport for their help and sponsorship. I was able to extend the power to compete at the highest level four or five years," he said. "Now I want to be disconnected a few years of what the Federation, but do not rule out being captain of the national team. Maybe in five or six years, imposing more respect for athletes, because now they are my companions," he said.
At the same event was also announced that Chambers Tomeu longer-captain-coach of the national team and now will preside Andreu Sureda.
Font: fuente: DIARIODEMALLORCA

<º)))><

Carbonell: ´Lo dejo porque cada año me cuesta más´
El tricampeón mundial renuncia a las pruebas internacionales y competirá a nivel local - "Necesito más tiempo para la familia y mi trabajo", afirma

Morente regaló un reloj a Carbonell como recuerdo.
Pedro Carbonell se despidió ayer de forma oficial de la alta competición. "Quiero anunciar mi retirada internacional, a partir de ahora solo haré pruebas locales y alguna otra a nivel nacional", afirmó el tricampeón del mundo de pesca submarina, que añadió: "Ya no tengo tantas fuerzas para continuar ni para hacer largas concentraciones. Necesito más tiempo para la familia, tengo dos niñas pequeñas, y mi trabajo".
"Lo dejo porque cada día me cuesta más", aseguró quien ya es una leyenda en esta disciplina, que estuvo acompañado por el director general d´Esports, Javier Morente; el presidente de la Federación Balear de Actividades Subacuáticas, Joan Mas; y los capitanes de la selección Tomeu Salas y Andreu Sureda.
Con ocho Mundiales a sus espaldas (cinco por equipos con España) y diez títulos de Europa (tres individuales), aseguró que tiene la espina clavada de no haber podido conseguir su cuarto Campeonato del Mundo individual: "Quizás no he tenido en ciertos momentos esa pizca de suerte necesaria, pero siempre quedará como gran recuerdo el primer Mundial, en Gijón. No me lo esperaba".
"¿Qué haré a partir de ahora? Competiré en campeonatos locales y, como tengo muchos amigos y me ofrecen su colaboración, quizás también participe en algunas pruebas nacionales", indicó Carbonell, que agradeció las ayudas institucionales recibidas. "Si he podido aguantar hasta los 42 años ha sido gracias a la Fundació Illesport, por su ayuda y patrocinio. He podido alargar el poder competir al más alto nivel cuatro o cinco años más", sentenció. "Ahora quiero estar desconectado unos años de lo que es la Federación, pero no descarto ser capitán del equipo nacional. Quizás dentro de cinco ó seis años, cuando imponga más respeto a los deportistas, porque ahora son compañeros míos", concluyó.
En el mismo acto también se anunció que Tomeu Salas deja de ser capitán –seleccionador– del equipo nacional y que ahora ocupará ese cargo Andreu Sureda.

fuente: DIARIODEMALLORCA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-15_IMG_2011-07-15_22-42-31_s43de001.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	155149  

Last edited by Ramon; 07-16-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Cbuzo

Re: Pedro Carbonell high competition leaves, sad for the sport Notica

Legend , Pedro Carbonell will be missed and world competition will never be the same without him . He has always been the diver that I have looked up to the most , I Wish him the best of luck and a happy retirement . In a way thanks for the sad news

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/depor...da/686883.html
M.F.T. Palma Mallorca Sport today say goodbye to one of its great athletes, Pedro José Carbonell, who announced his retirement from competition definitively after a long life devoted to spearfishing. The Spaniard will make an official press conference to be held at the headquarters of the Department d'Esports, the Palma Arena.
Pedro Carbonell has one of the largest and brightest CVs in the world in this field. It has been three times world champion in singles and five other times it hung gold in the team competition as part of the Spanish team.
So far only three chosen were able to achieve the World Championship in singles, three times in history. Along with Carbonell (1996, 2000 and 2002) share this honor the Italian Renzo Mazzari (1987, 1989 and 1992) and his uncle Pep Amengual (1973, 1981 and 1985).
His first championship of Spain got it in 1987 and besides his world titles has three European Championships (1990, 1999 and 2003). In late 2007, announced his retirement, but decided to continue to try to become the first angler to win a fourth submarine in world title. He was close in the year 2008-third-, although it was for equipment.
His last attempt was in September 2010 in Croatia, where he remained at the podium in both individual and team competition.
Cbuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Ramon
Ramon

Cbuzo le dare recuerdos de tu parte
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
Ramon
Ramon

Prudenci12Yes, now be a bit boring to have a rival as competent without participating in the International Championships
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Adelito

Tremendo reporte, gracias amigo!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
Ramon
Ramon

Adelito de nada
Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
kitespearo
KITESPEARO

Send a message via MSN to kitespearo

Que lastima era y sera un orgullo para Espana por mucho tiempo.

La verdad es que Pedro es un Mounstro en el agua.
kitespearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
Slingingsteel

After everything he's accomplished in this sport, his retirement is far beyond deserved.
Slingingsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

I still have his Spanish Team shirt he gave me from the day he won in Brazil 2002 (complete with fish blood stains). He's a very cool and humble guy and of course, a legendary diver! He was my idol too. Maybe someday he'll be back and try again for his 4th World Title and set the new record. For now he's tied for most wins ever (3), I believe with his uncle.

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
Ramon
Ramon

UAY THAI No, no volvera la competición alta, ya lo intento y le falto la chispa de suerte de los campeones, este es su ultimo mundial Croacia quedo 4º
Una foto un dia de pesca en Mallorca

<º))))><

No, not return the high competition, and I try and I miss the spark of luck
champions, this is his last World Cup Croatia is 4 º
A photo a day of fishing in Mallorca

http://www.pasionpescasub.com/ftopic...rderasc-0.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020108_331.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	159370