Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
getawayFK
Spearo-doc

Cedar key & Steinhatchee spearfishing

Hi folks,

I’m relatively new to the area but not to spearfishing. I consider myself a pretty experienced freediver and spearfisher.

I’m looking to connect w spearos from the area.

We often go on weekends but can also go during mid week.

Most of out spearing is done free-diving and yes.... I have my own boat.

If interested, PM me...

Last edited by getawayFK; 01-18-2018 at 10:34 PM.
getawayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
SlickTrick89

Re: Cedar key & Steinhatchee spearfishing

hey man I live in Crystal River and in the same position, have my own boat and consider myself an experienced freediver but its hard to find people to go with that only freedive. scuba spear fisherman are easy to find in our areas. experienced freedivers seem to be few and far between.
SlickTrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
tightlines95

Hey man! I'm a moderately experienced free diverstudying at UF. Im a super-senior now, postponed graduation for research, but this is my last semester and I'm only partime student so i have more free time. I say moderately experienced only because I've never taken a free-dive course, and therefore only really feel comfortable up to 30ft. I've speared enough (+4 years now) and have read up enough Hells divers oil rig posts to understand safety( load gun in water, one up one down, snorkel out of mouth, don't get tangled in lines w/ big fish....).

now 30ft is more than enough to get a BUNCH of fish in miami/ the keys, but idk about here up north....... well i have gear for cold water diving, so if you ever do get a group going for a weekend dive let me know! ill throw down for gas/food etc.

Grandpa lives down in key west, thats where i started shootin! have plenty of info on good spots down south too haha
tightlines95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
RAshooter
Apnea Hunter

Bump.

Reviving an old thread.

Looking for some freedive spearfishing buddies out of crystal river and surrounding area.

I am an experienced Freediver and spearfisherman. Also Scuba certified, but don’t usually use a tank.

Looking for some like minded people to get out and spear some fish.

Happy hunting.
RAshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
chuckschultz15

Hey I’m moving to Gainesville in June and will be looking for some free dive spearfishing buddies. I am relatively new to spearfishing at this point but have been going a couple times a year, have all my own gear and intend to take an FII course as soon as I get the chance (I have read the manual however to learn t he safety information). Anyhow, I’ll probably repost when I get down there, though I do intend to visit in late March if anyone is planning on going during that timeframe.
chuckschultz15 is offline   Reply With Quote