Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #16
reelnative

Re: suzuki four strokes vs 2 str, EFI

I have a pair of 140's and load my boat for 4 divers 3 tanks + gear, no problems. It could be better out of the hole, but would not change a thing. Look at the Suzuki website for fuel consumption, its right on the money in my boat 25cc. If you want to ride on mine, pick the numbers and lets go.
reelnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #17
Chum Bucket
Adam Wilson

Re: suzuki four strokes vs 2 str, EFI

Check out Evinrude's E-Tec motors. Much lighter than four strokes with much less maintenance. Also a very queit motor, very little exhaust and excellent fuel consumption rates.They are also offering four years extended warranty at no charge right now for a total of 7 years warranty bumper to bumper. Definitely worth checking into. Between your Suzuki's or Mercury, i'm with everybody else, no comparison go with the Suzuki's.
Make sure you shop around too. I would call every dealer within 200 miles for prices. Some of the larger dealers get a much better price from the factory, thus being able to pass a lower price on to you. I don't know how some of the smalled dealers stay afloat. Sometimes they have to sell motors for 0 profit just to move inventory. Because of that it's not uncommon to find a 1 or even 2 year old motor brand new in the crate for a steal!
Mama always said you gotta shop around. Good Luck

Last edited by Chum Bucket; 11-29-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Chum Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote