Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 01-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
Stodelle
www.savestodysbrain.com

Peace and Unity in the Hawaiian Islands

I went out diving with James (aka Gulf Hunter) here on Maui while he was here vacationing. Here we had a Right-Coast Diver and Left-Coast diver diving together in some "not-so great" diving conditions. To top it all off, I dove with my Wong, and he with his Spearfishing Specialties. Not one unkind word, not one bit of teasing, just good comraderie and diving.

I will say that we did talk about arranging a similar type meeting with Bill Mac and Kmoose, but we'll start with "baby steps" in this spearfishing unification!

Had a great time though. The rain was a burden. The first spot we hit "Olowalu" was absolutely flat but the vis was probably hovering around 10 feet. The next spot we hit "La Perouse" (not the reserve side) had some pretty decent size waves tumbling in, but the vis was much better 25-30'. We ended up landing 2 nice sized Uhu's (parrotfish) and a good sized He'e (Octopus).

I had a brother in law, and an old cop partner with me who are spearfishing newbies and were loaded with questions. James took the time to answer their questions and was very cordial. Thanks for a great time and sorry we couldn't do much more diving.
Stodelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
gulf hunter

Re: Peace and Unity in the Hawaiian Islands

Just got back into town and got settled down, although I'm still fighting the jet-lag. Thanks for showing me the better spots on the island to hunt, I greatly appreciate it. Nice to see East Coasters and West Coasters able to go fishing without any rivalry, but it may be a while before we see Bill Mac and Kmoose or Bucket One hunting together. To bad the weather couldn't have been a little better but I still had a great time. Anytime you or your buddies make it to Florida you got an open invitation on my boat.
gulf hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
Bill McIntyre

Since I seem to be much of the subject of this thread, I regarded it as "trolling" or "shit-stirring," to use a couple of terms I have learned on the board, and I did a lengthy reply. I just deleted it in hopes that the intent of the thread was lighter than my first interpretation of it.

However, I have saved it elsewhere in case anyone would like a PM with the other interpretation.

Last edited by Bill McIntyre; 01-23-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Stodelle
www.savestodysbrain.com

Wasn't trolling Bill. We had just commented how divers with each gun were getting along. Not trying to start a problem, just showing the peace. All the other threads with the threats and the "my gun is better" were our motivation.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #5
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodelle
Wasn't trolling Bill. We had just commented how divers with each gun were getting along. Not trying to start a problem, just showing the peace. All the other threads with the threats and the "my gun is better" were our motivation.
Thanks. As you have seen, I sent you a PM with my less charitable response.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
Stodelle
www.savestodysbrain.com

You left too early James. I found the "honey hole" of lobsters. BIG ones, too. We're going out to hit it tonight if the North Shore surf advisory isn't as bad as forecasted.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
gulf hunter

Just my luck, it's always you should have been there earlier or you should have waited. Save some of those lobsters for my next trip. Now that I think about it I didn't see one lobster my whole time there. Hopefully the weather will be better on my next trip too.
gulf hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:10 PM   #8
Stodelle
www.savestodysbrain.com

I haven't seen one lobster on the South or West side. This spot is the first, and only, spot I've seen any.