Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 07:17 AM   #16
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Re: Spearo shoots cobia off hungry bull sharks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Ok so who is feeding the sharks in the video?
Definitely being fed. Lol.
This chick is amazing!!! I think she just said she had only lost 1 fish to a shark!?! In one of her earlier videos every single fish shot by a scuba diver was lost. Possibly the worst example of how to shoot cobia!
https://youtu.be/Ns5qZRR9dlY
Old 05-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #17
diverlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM-SharkTales View Post
Seems to be worse each dive & day! I think there are at least 4-5 shark feeding boats in Jupiter...
You say there are 4-5 boats that run the Jupiter Inlet that engage in shark feeding. Honestly, I only know specifically of two. I would be interested to know which other boats engage in this practice. If you don't want to list them openly on Spearboard, just send me a private message.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #18
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Ok so who is feeding the sharks in the video?
A mermaid. Or spearos who don't know how to kill fish with a single shot. i.e. stone shot.

Mermaid

In folklore, a mermaid is an aquatic creature with the head and upper body of a female human and the tail of a fish.[1] Mermaids appear in the folklore of many cultures worldwide, including the Near East, Europe, Africa and Asia.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #19
triponempa
internet troll

Im not sure why its so important to claim to "not be feeding the sharks"but it's pretty clear that someone is playing semantics here.
the people MAKING the video aren't feeding sharks is the claim made - I believe. That is some serious politician type answer there. actually says very little if you get technical. The äctors"in the video may not be feeding the sharks either- the captain may be throwing stuff in for instance- I could say - no diver or photographer fed sharks- when in fact - the mate did it.
I could say - non of the drivers fed them - as long as the guy feeding doesnt touch the wheel...
It's obvious we got someone hiding something- what I cant figure is WHY?

Sharks don't hang around - THAT focused - unless they get a little something to keep them stirred up.- those of us that know sharks - know exactly what you are doing - we dont need vidoe proof - but if your plan is to show us vidoe of sharks being fed - then make bold statements contradicting your blatant activities - you can expect some contradictory responses.

I like your videos - for what they are.
I'm not sure you are being viewed the way you seem to think your being perecieved- the videos aren't very scary - and Im not worried for your safety in them.
If I dove in that area - I may view it differently - since the real danger is for the next diver who encounters those sharks- that get fed like that.
I was taught - NEVER give up your fish = once you get it in your hands - never let them have it - chase them off and fight for your fish. If not - then you have a shark that is truly dangerous - a shark that sees a spearo as food source(to steal from)
You - all - up there in jupiter and palm beach should not be trying to get your sharks stirred up - you got too many dangerous bulls and tigers up there. When you go to a spot and lose two fish - maybe its time to go home - and fix your gear set up - so you can land this stuff - If you sit there - shooting video- while your fish is devoured - when you could have pulled the fish in and got it back - but you are letting the shark have it - because it looks too small anyway.

So - next weekend - when the kid gets his hand ripped off - by a shark "
accident" in jupiter - will it really be an accident?
Old 05-29-2018, 03:54 AM   #20
Sea_Bass

Local Jupiter Shark Feeding Boats
Emerald Charters
Shark Addicts
Florida Shark Diving (2 boats)
Calypso Dive Charters
Probably more, who else?

There are multiple dive operations not from Jupiter that offer shark dives in Jupiter. Some operations are as far away as Miami.

The mates on these boats are very brazen and proud of what they do. I've talked to several of them - all of them are jerks that don't care about you, your safety, or the environment. They only care about their ego and their money.

Last edited by Sea_Bass; 05-29-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #21
diverlen

Thanks Sea Bass, I do know the two in Jupiter but not the others. The question that comes to my mind is this: If these boats are in Miami how do they get to Jupiter to dive? That sounds like an extremely long run.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:18 AM   #22
diverlen

Thanks Triponempa, that was an excellent post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #23
joespy66

I took my boat down to Jupiter for the first time a few weeks ago and was shocked at the number of frisky sharks. I normally dive out of SI. Up here you may see a shark briefly at the edge of your vis before it disappears again. In Jupiter I was closely followed the entire time by up to 3 sharks. The sharks have definitely learned to associate divers with food. I loved the good vis but the reefs were void of anything worth shooting. Even if I took a shot I'm pretty sure I would have lost it to a nuisance bull or goliath.

While we were out on the Zion train a dive boat with a shark cage showed up. I'm sure they baited the sharks in. I wonder what they told their pasty white passengers about my divers being in the water without protection. How do you sell the fear factor when there are freedivers 100 ft away?

Normally sharks dont scare me because they dont attack randomly and normally keep their distance but like someone else posted how long before one goes for a fish in hand because its what they have been trained to do? Problem is the guy holding the fish wasnt part of the training.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #24
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by triponempa View Post
Im not sure why its so important to claim to "not be feeding the sharks"but it's pretty clear that someone is playing semantics here.
the people MAKING the video aren't feeding sharks is the claim made - I believe. That is some serious politician type answer there. actually says very little if you get technical. The äctors"in the video may not be feeding the sharks either- the captain may be throwing stuff in for instance- I could say - no diver or photographer fed sharks- when in fact - the mate did it.
I could say - non of the drivers fed them - as long as the guy feeding doesnt touch the wheel...

Sharks don't hang around - THAT focused - unless they get a little something to keep them stirred up.- those of us that know sharks - know exactly what you are doing - we dont need vidoe proof - but if your plan is to show us vidoe of sharks being fed - then make bold statements contradicting your blatant activities - you can expect some contradictory responses.

I'm not sure you are being viewed the way you seem to think your being perecieved- the videos aren't very scary - and Im not worried for your safety in them.
If I dove in that area - I may view it differently - since the real danger is for the next diver who encounters those sharks- that get fed like that.
I was taught - NEVER give up your fish = once you get it in your hands - never let them have it - chase them off and fight for your fish. If not - then you have a shark that is truly dangerous - a shark that sees a spearo as food source(to steal from)
You - all - up there in jupiter and palm beach should not be trying to get your sharks stirred up - you got too many dangerous bulls and tigers up there. When you go to a spot and lose two fish - maybe its time to go home - and fix your gear set up - so you can land this stuff - If you sit there - shooting video- while your fish is devoured - when you could have pulled the fish in and got it back - but you are letting the shark have it - because it looks too small anyway.

A shark feeder came very close to having his hand removed last year. We had 2 members of our small freedive club or friends attacked in one year by sharks.

The fact of the matter it is legal in federal waters and people are making money off it.

The idea to never allow a shark to eat your fish is impractical sometimes and even impossible in certain situations, but I try to protect fish when it seems reasonable. Feeding sharks is not good for the sharks or people.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #25
Mendicant

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about this stuff. But I would hope I have enough sense to move if I have sharks that close stealing multiple fish. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #26
SpearitPBC

Quote:

Well spoken words Triponempa, and thanks for posting. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid
Old 05-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #27
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Quote:

Well written , Why , simple its all about the $$ and Cobia going to the market.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #28
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Bass View Post
Local Jupiter Shark Feeding Boats
Emerald Charters
Shark Addicts
Florida Shark Diving (2 boats)
Calypso Dive Charters
Probably more, who else?

There are multiple dive operations not from Jupiter that offer shark dives in Jupiter. Some operations are as far away as Miami.

The mates on these boats are very brazen and proud of what they do. I've talked to several of them - all of them are jerks that don't care about you, your safety, or the environment. They only care about their ego and their money.
You forgot Cracker , all about the $
Old 06-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #29
avetjx

there is obviously chunks of food floating around that didn't get there naturally. makes me NOT want to dive in Jupiter/West palm!!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #30
Mobile Diver

Nice cobia.
305 849 0866
Closed Thread