Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
lictol

Best-Ever Pole Spear!

I need a little help here...

I typically carry a pole spear and spear gun while diving. I've used the same 6' paralyzer tip pole spear since I was 15 years old (45 now). It's the usual 1/2" diameter fiberglass rod with a fixed tip.

However, while shopping Craigslist online I came across a powerhead I wanted. It was attached to a 5/8" diameter fiberglass pole spear with 6mm threaded tip. While I've still not used the powerhead I have used the pole and I absolutely love it! It hits like a tone of bricks but it's a little shorter than I'd prefer. I want the same setup between 6' and 7' and have attached a couple images below in the hopes someone here knows where I can locate one with the same hardware.

Note: I have found this 6.5' one (https://www.austinsdiving.com/a-plus...-pole-spear-40) online but the butt of the pole doesn't appear to be the same. I really want the metal butt for the pole sling.

Appreciate any assistance y'all might provide. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_191352 (Medium).jpg
Views:	365
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	233762   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170604_191405 (Medium).jpg
Views:	365
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	233763  
lictol is offline   Reply With Quote