Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #886
98jettavr

Re: Daily Vis Report Thread

hows its going boys new to the site just saying hello.Went to kings today about 3:00 pm vis was bad couldent see the front of my gun at times didnt get anything
98jettavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #887
cboneill37
Scoup

Welcome to the board jetta! I had some really murky viz of around 3' open up to 8'ish on the bottom in Newport today. Shot my PB striper. I was working some pilings and on what would be my last drop I saw a nice big shadow cruise out of the murk. I got off a decent shot towards the head. The fish freaked and shot into the pilings but I made sure I was clear. On the surface I went to reel him in but I lost my mind when the only thing that came back was 2' of mono. With no other shafts I packed up my gear and hopped on the yak to call it a day. As I began paddling I figured I check down current a little just in case the fish surfaced. It must be my lucky day because I found the slob dead at the surface with my shaft still hanging out of his gill plate! 48" and a fit 38lbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-12-12striper.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	175175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot 1 (7-13-2012 11-19 AM).jpg
Views:	269
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	175193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot 2 (7-13-2012 11-22 AM).jpg
Views:	272
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	175194  

Last edited by cboneill37; 07-13-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: more pics
cboneill37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #888
Toghunter12

U lucky bastard nice fish
Toghunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #889
msuzuki126
Matt

Send a message via AIM to msuzuki126

has anyone gotten in anywhere from watch hill to pt jude.. how's the south shore vis?
msuzuki126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #890
Boss1

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuzuki126 View Post
has anyone gotten in anywhere from watch hill to pt jude.. how's the south shore vis?
went last weekend 6-8 ft
Boss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #891
Toghunter12

Dove watch hill lighthouse last night vis was 5-8 ft
Toghunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #892
Dmill

Anyone got room for one tom morning. Ill be in newport. No vehicle. Im staying on a cutter passing through the area. We are on a port call . I have all my gear onboard. Thanks in advance. Pm if you have room
. Ill split gas or whatever.. shore dive or boat..
Dmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #893
mrw
My wurst is my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody1986 View Post
Tell him it's not his ocean. Plain and simple. Just make sure you give 'em space. If you were minding your own business and he paddled up to you like that - then he has no right to yell at you for it.
You're too nice, flip his kayak over and make him swim home...
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #894
JavBoston
Spearo

Been diving near Boston and thought Id share the great news that big tog do exist in MA
JavBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #895
codfishhead

Dove Watch Hill/Sugar Reef and Napatree yesterday. Vis was the worst I've seen there this yr. 3-6 foot most of the time with the out going tide. Little better on the reefs but no bass to be found. Also didn't find any Triggers where they were last week.

Did find tons of blacks. Not open in RI yet but you can take 2 in CT. The breakers just inside CT from Nap have Blacks all over them. 11' deep at low tide. Took 10 mins for the 3 of us to limit out with some good fish from 5 to 8lbs.

Over heated and got dizzy after an hr of looking for fluke. Only saw shorts. Need to remember more rest times between dives. Use lots of air while kicking across the bottom. Another week or so and the bigger fluke will be in the shallows searching for baby snappers that are now pushing up to RI. Can't wait.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #896
Freedvrjim
straight shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO'Ne View Post
I'm head up to Maine this weekend and thought I'd see what I could shoot. Any suggestions?
Go down to Rhode Island and shoot the Asshole in the kayak!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #897
BlueH20Freak
I think Im Big Meech

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboneill37 View Post
Welcome to the board jetta! I had some really murky viz of around 3' open up to 8'ish on the bottom in Newport today. Shot my PB striper. I was working some pilings and on what would be my last drop I saw a nice big shadow cruise out of the murk. I got off a decent shot towards the head. The fish freaked and shot into the pilings but I made sure I was clear. On the surface I went to reel him in but I lost my mind when the only thing that came back was 2' of mono. With no other shafts I packed up my gear and hopped on the yak to call it a day. As I began paddling I figured I check down current a little just in case the fish surfaced. It must be my lucky day because I found the slob dead at the surface with my shaft still hanging out of his gill plate! 48" and a fit 38lbs
nice, i had a similar experience today, lost the fish off my shaft, got all pissed, he ended up bobbing up to the surface 30' away from me bleeding out.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #898
Coldwaterspear
Seal Pup Slayer

Good dive with Javboston in NH today. Our first spot we didn't see much at all but both took a tog. Hit the next spot and got to dive with a bunch of keeper bass. I shot one. Viz was 3-15ft depending on the spot.
Coldwaterspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #899
Mike_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboneill37 View Post
Nice story and great fish Casey ! Congrats
Mike_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #900
AKBAHABT_NY

cboneill37 - wow! good story! i did not know that they will float up that fast if they dead! Nice fish and perfect shot
AKBAHABT_NY is offline   Reply With Quote