Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Private Trips -Florida

Private Trips -Florida Here is your area for finding hunting buddies. Have extra room on your boat? Looking for a boat to jump on? Post here!

Old 11-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
GulfCoast Diver

Bahamas Spearfishing Trip

Trying to get any information about a Bahamas spearfishing trip. I know I can google "bahamas spearfishing charter" but I'm looking for any reports from people have actually been on one. Which part of the Bahamas did you go to? Is there a different area you would rather have gone? How did you get there?
GulfCoast Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Re: Bahamas Spearfishing Trip

Bimini , west End , and Grande Cay in the abacos are the main destination choices for boaters. If you fly you can have many more options. West end and Bimini would be my suggestion for a first time trip across. You will learn enough to plan your next adventure.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
Carlz

If you decide to go to a smaller island, rent a boat and ask for a local spearfishing guide. They are pretty well adapted to the tourism and will most likely be more than willing to help out! Even on more remote islands we had plenty of luck doing some shore dives. Just make sure you check the tides and currents.

Safe diving!

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Carlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Dino

see my post at top of forum
Old 11-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
mattduff

what are you looking for? I offer a cost share experience. I have a 40 foot sailboat and tow around a 17 foot center console. I have references if your interested. I enjoy diving from 30 -90 foot. I have been coming over here "Abaco" area for a few years. There is room for 3 maybe 4. An airport close by is Marsh Harbour. MHH
mattduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
GulfCoast Diver

That sounds pretty much what I'm looking for. Pretty new to freediving, I am level 1 certified but found past 40feet and my bottom time isn't very good yet. Please PM me with costs and any other details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GulfCoast Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:05 PM   #7
R.Boonfield

I went to great Exuma and went with a gentleman named Harriman. He is a native and was great to dive with. He put me on a 15-20 lb mutton! He was super stoked when I started finding the fish, didnt care about time, and just wanted me to have fun. Awesome experience.
R.Boonfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #8
NC_Spearo

I will be in Nassau on Friday (1/27/17) and Freeport(1/28/17). Trying to connect with someone while I am there (on a cruise). Would be nice to get out and free dive and spear fish for a 1/2 day or so. Anyone have a good contact?
Thanks
NC_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #9
mattduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Spearo View Post
I will be in Nassau on Friday (1/27/17) and Freeport(1/28/17). Trying to connect with someone while I am there (on a cruise). Would be nice to get out and free dive and spear fish for a 1/2 day or so. Anyone have a good contact?
Thanks
Man i'd dive with you but you gotta get up north to Abaco area.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
NC_Spearo

I have yet to find anyone - looks like we are going to take the scuba stuff and check out some wrecks and reef in Freeport. We have seen a lot of what the local dive shops can offer around Nassau - I will hang out on the boat and watch the herds of people graze around the buffet and spend their hard earned money at the straw market......
Old 01-24-2017, 03:20 PM   #11
mattduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Spearo View Post
I have yet to find anyone - looks like we are going to take the scuba stuff and check out some wrecks and reef in Freeport. We have seen a lot of what the local dive shops can offer around Nassau - I will hang out on the boat and watch the herds of people graze around the buffet and spend their hard earned money at the straw market......

hahahha nice! Look up Stuart Dive they do a fair amount of shark work. I have a friend who lives on the island south end but he is not a freediver. good luck and share some stories when you return.
cheers
Old 01-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #12
NC_Spearo

Yeah - we have been out with Stuart Cove a few times..... Did the shark thing many years ago before I started diving here in NC (where we have real sharks)..... We have to move every dive to keep away from them here.....
Anyway - thanks!
Ill bring along my long fins and see what I can come up with. Hopefully I will have something great to share.
Cheers!!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #13
Ryfish

Check out Born Free charters in Nassau. Talk to Nick he's a spearo will put you on fish.