Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2008 Tournament Archives > OMER Hatteras Blue Water Open - July 18-20, 2008

OMER Hatteras Blue Water Open - July 18-20, 2008 7th annual tournament in the Outer Banks of NC with over $10,000 in prizes.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
bk393
Designated Diver

Send a message via Yahoo to bk393
Exclamation Tournament Entry - GO SIGN UP!!!

Hey everybody - I was starting to worry that they might be running out of room in the Open and I haven't sent my app in yet. I called Mark and he said that, since there are very few entries so far he wasn't sure if it was going to be held at all. It's an expensive tournament to hold and it wouldn't make sense if you can't break even doing it!

SO - go sign up now before he has to make that decision on whether to have it or not!
bk393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
bk393
Designated Diver

Re: Tournament Entry - GO SIGN UP!!!

Update: I just heard from someone else that talked to Mark L and got the same response. The entries still aren't there in the numbers he needs. His decision to cancel or not will be official the 16th.

If you were thinking about entering, now would be a really appropriate time to do so!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #3
bk393
Designated Diver

Thumbs down Re: Tournament Entry - GO SIGN UP!!!

From Searen:

"Ren, I don't think the tournament is going to happen this year. Citing higher gas/charter/flights/accommodations so on and so forth most of the veterans of the tournament want to wait until next year. To run the Omer Hatteras Open costs my company more than $10,000 every year between custom t-shirt printing in low quantities, expensive trophies (we always spend over $1K on those alone), catering, awards banquet dinner for the entrants, marketing, prizes, running expenses that unless we can even cover half of breaking even it really stings a small company like ours. It is better to keep the excitement high and wait a year when the economy improves and people have more discretionary income to do this sort of thing.
I'm sure you understand, clear waters,
Mark Laboccetta