Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 10-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #16
JLittle44
John Little

Re: north shore

It's pretty messed up that this is the only thread in the Hawaiian Islands section.

Yeah, the guy was a dumba$$, but this would have been better in the off-topic section imo.

I'd really like to see some pics and reports from over there. I've always wanted to dive Hawaii.
Call me Mister Lucky.
JLittle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #17
tsutomu_108

you're partially right lens, he didn't appear aggressive, but did we really know what words were exchanged? "your" water is so off base, I don't think thats the mentality of most. i also question why the fight wasn't stopped. At major events on the north shore there is a large presence of law enforcement officers, for traffice control etc. Some events unfortunately have private security, not very effective as evident in the video.
tsutomu_108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #18
lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutomu_108
you're partially right lens, he didn't appear aggressive, but did we really know what words were exchanged? "your" water is so off base, I don't think thats the mentality of most. i also question why the fight wasn't stopped. At major events on the north shore there is a large presence of law enforcement officers, for traffice control etc. Some events unfortunately have private security, not very effective as evident in the video.
My apologies, "Your" water was directed more towards MauiFreediver. It more, or less, was in reference to some of his past post.
lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #19
MauiFreeDiver
BLAIZE A FIYAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens
Next time maybe the guy can pick a fight with someone who can actually fight. Instead he instigates a fight with a skinny chump who does not even want to fight and is trying to get away. Real F-ing winner!!!!

I would like to see him try that over here when he does not have his 30 wankster cronies standing around intimidating the guy he is about to fight.
So what im gathering is, you did not enjoy the video?
And from what ive heard, the "skinny chump" just sat there and didnt even call the cops, so no charges were pressed......and for the record this has been posted in the off topic section as well.

As far as diving in Hawaii, its not bad once you get over the fact that some of the best fish only way a couple of pounds.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:44 PM   #20
Tino Bernazzani
Dreaming of BFT

That was the most pathetic video I have ever seen. And to think it was posted in a spearfishing forum is even more disturbing. I hope this video is passed along to the proper authorities. NO one has to press charges when it’s clear someone committed aggravated assault. Yes there was no reason for that guy to be out there, No reason for there to be a fight at all, and absolutely no reason the semi-wannabe UF guy should not be in jail right now. Mauifreediver, I have lots of respect for you, but seem to loose more with every post you make. Remember, diving/surfing/spearfishing is not a birth right, it’s a brother hood.
Tino Bernazzani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #21
MauiFreeDiver
BLAIZE A FIYAH

Sonny, Ive only made a handfull of post on this board, and I am aware that the whole Maui thread was very controversial, so im not exactly sure where you had respect for me, and im also not sure how this thread made you lose respect for me. I did not shoot the video, I was not in the video, all I know is that shit happens alot over here and I know it happens at all the surf breaks around the globe........
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #22
tommy7

If I was going to war where I needed a really brave man to back me up...It would be him, not the punks on the beach But hey.....he did deserve a little woopin by the 1st guy, too bad it had to come again at the hands of the sissies on the beach...... I H8 gang type mentality, these guys are not true men....they are canckers and cists and ooze pus wherever they go...definately not men
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #23
MauiFreeDiver
BLAIZE A FIYAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy7
If I was going to war where I needed a really brave man to back me up...It would be him, not the punks on the beach But hey.....he did deserve a little woopin by the 1st guy, too bad it had to come again at the hands of the sissies on the beach...... I H8 gang type mentality, these guys are not true men....they are canckers and cists and ooze pus wherever they go...definately not men
Im confused there was no gang style anything, both fights were one and one, and the second fight kala's friend pulled him off the haole guy, so what are you seeing, not to mention we have no idea what words were exchanged on the beached to provoke the second fight.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #24
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiFreeDiver
Im confused there was no gang style anything, both fights were one and one, and the second fight kala's friend pulled him off the haole guy, so what are you seeing, not to mention we have no idea what words were exchanged on the beached to provoke the second fight.

Please..........................
Old 10-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #25
MauiFreeDiver
BLAIZE A FIYAH

Quote:
Please..........................
Please elaborate wont you
Old 10-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #26
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiFreeDiver
Please elaborate wont you

Not really...if you can't see it for yourself now, you never will

I'm done... Peace
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #27
MauiFreeDiver
BLAIZE A FIYAH

Quote:
Not really...if you can't see it for yourself now, you never will

I'm done... Peace
Nice cop out!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:27 AM   #28
guttshot
Watch IN-SEAtv on iTunes

Look, surfing the North Shore is winter is dangerous. You find yourself in the wrong spot and you get hurt or worse- by the ocean. But anyone that knows surfing knows you don't mess with the 'Wolfpack' (Kala in the video) or the Hui or anyone that lives right in front of pipeline. Fights happen everyday there- and it's not a secret- if you don't want to fight for your wave go to the Big Island or somewhere mellow.

I'm not saying I agree with crushing a guys face, even though he was being a dumbass, but he should have known better. And by the way- these aren't pistol toting gangs, they're surfers fighting for what they believe to be right. This violence stems as a response to others taking advantage of what's good and pure, it's from the deepest frustration in what they've seen. And not from a heritage pov either- it's safety (most of the brawlers are also Hawaiian Water Patrol) and it's conservation of resources. Crowds of dumbasses in the heaviest 7 miles of surf in the world = concerned and frustrated locals.

Imagine your local spearspot with cattle boats of divers armed with bleach and powerheads parked on it. Are you going to 'educate' them to save your spot or let them keep raping what you consider sacred?

-Ryan from NC

http://www.InSeaWorldwide.com
guttshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #29
MauiFreeDiver
BLAIZE A FIYAH

Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 AM   #30
zenspearo

I hope the tourist guy press charge. He may have been ignorant, stupid, etc... but he is clearly a victim of assault and battery.

By any rational, civil standard, the video is a disturbing display of thuggish behavior, irrespective of where it happened.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote