Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Old 12-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
Yiannis
DEEP...DEEP…DEEPER

FRV not for public sales?

There is a notice on the oceanicss website saying that the company will cease public sales at the end of the year.

Is that true?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FRV.JPG
Views:	762
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	244564  
Yiannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:55 AM   #2
North Star
Max

Re: FRV not for public sales?

If that is true, then that is really sad. I cannot believe that the dive community did not purchase enough of these to keep Dr. Maas in business, especially since we continue to have regular reports of deaths that could have been prevented had a FRV been utilized.

This was the cheapest life insurance a diver could ever have. So many spent money on frivolous things and then complained they could not afford one, and then later died for lack of one.

If we let this man go out of business, then we have done a terrible disservice to ourselves, and we are the most shortsighted community imaginable.

Step up to the plate for your own sakes and especially for the sake of your loved ones, and buy one.

Terry went to the wall for our safety and spent a fortune of his own money trying to help us be safe. Let's not neglect that wonderful effort.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

^ its a done deal. making people buy FRVs at this point isn't going to save anything.
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:11 AM   #4
Yiannis
DEEP...DEEP…DEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMackDaddy View Post
^ its a done deal. making people buy FRVs at this point isn't going to save anything.

I am sorry to hear that. I actually checked the website cause I want to order one. It is surprising that divers (including myself) did not immediately jump on this device, in reality the only safety net we have..

Even if just a few more people get one, it might one day save someone's life.
Yiannis is offline   Reply With Quote