Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
grey2112
Capt. of Pickled Pelican
 
grey2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey FL
Posts: 1,632
Whole fish with fresh herbs

My personal best mangrove snapper, taken after a 10 minute underwater stalk, simply prepared with fresh rosemary, thyme, cilantro, lemon slices, salt and pepper - amazing. One of the best fish dinners I've had.





Gut and scale fish, remove pectoral fins. Cut three deep slits in the fish on both sides. Salt and pepper in the cavity and skin. Tie a bundle of cilantro, thyme, and rosemary (all fresh) and stuff in cavity. Slice a lemon and stuff some slices in the cavity and also put slices in the slits on both sides.

Wrap in foil, place in oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Take out, let stand in foil for 5 minutes, then eat after removing herbs - retain lemon if you wish to spritz some more on your fish - you can also eat the skin.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
brandon cadalzo
Registered User
 
brandon cadalzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 615
Re: Whole fish with fresh herbs

This sounds delicious! I'm gonna try it. I bet it would be great with something like a vin gris or chardonnay in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
www.cristspears.com
brandon cadalzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #3
grey2112
Capt. of Pickled Pelican
 
grey2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey FL
Posts: 1,632
Re: Whole fish with fresh herbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon cadalzo View Post
This sounds delicious! I'm gonna try it. I bet it would be great with something like a vin gris or chardonnay in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Another suggestion I got was some sliced or chunked small red potatoes, and either linguica sausage or diced bacon stuffed in the cavity and some wine - then the flavors of the fish, seasonings, etc. will infuse into the potatoes. Nom.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #4
Jankglass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Key largo
Age: 28
Posts: 194
Re: Whole fish with fresh herbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey2112 View Post
Another suggestion I got was some sliced or chunked small red potatoes, and either linguica sausage or diced bacon stuffed in the cavity and some wine - then the flavors of the fish, seasonings, etc. will infuse into the potatoes. Nom.
render the bacon on a stainless saute pan, remove grease and bacon, carmalize some mushrooms, lightly color some shallots or onion with a little bit of garlic a , add wine or alcohol of choice, reduce, add stock, reduce, add butter and maybe a little flour, reduce. You will have a beautiful sauce for your fish.
Jankglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
grey2112
Capt. of Pickled Pelican
 
grey2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey FL
Posts: 1,632
Re: Whole fish with fresh herbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankglass View Post
render the bacon on a stainless saute pan, remove grease and bacon, carmalize some mushrooms, lightly color some shallots or onion with a little bit of garlic a , add wine or alcohol of choice, reduce, add stock, reduce, add butter and maybe a little flour, reduce. You will have a beautiful sauce for your fish.
Ooooooooooooo - yummy!
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com