Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:15 PM   #16
willstroo

Re: The Return of the Aluminium Speargun

I don't think roller guns are the answer for everyone, and not everyone is also going for ultimate power. But consider this comparison:

Manny sub roller 110 (as example only, not saying its the best):
-One load movement
-As powerful as 2 band classic gun
-no recoil (none)
-very accurate

Add another band to a conventional 110 pipe gun (3 bands!) and the thing would spray shafts everywhere. Would it have more power? Maybe?

Classic guns are awesome, Abellans for instance, are phenomenal. They have a place in every spearos arsenal.

But if you haven't experienced a well setup simple roller gun, then you should not be commenting. I have tried them all, and there is a place for both.
willstroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #17
artiz

Re: The Return of the Aluminium Speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by willstroo View Post
I don't think roller guns are the answer for everyone, and not everyone is also going for ultimate power. But consider this comparison:

Manny sub roller 110 (as example only, not saying its the best):
-One load movement
-As powerful as 2 band classic gun
-no recoil (none)
-very accurate

Add another band to a conventional 110 pipe gun (3 bands!) and the thing would spray shafts everywhere. Would it have more power? Maybe?

Classic guns are awesome, Abellans for instance, are phenomenal. They have a place in every spearos arsenal.

But if you haven't experienced a well setup simple roller gun, then you should not be commenting. I have tried them all, and there is a place for both.
Great post Will... I just love spearguns... doesn't really matter most of the time whatever you use... 'horses for courses'... always has been.
However, when given a choice... of which I have too many... I prefer a gun which will dispatch the spear with the absolute minimum of movement and sound. The good 'dialed in' roller gun always has the potential to do that and the self made hunting weapon clearly opens up even more potential.