Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #31
Bill McIntyre

Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Are you serious??? Who's driving that car?
What car? Please elaborate?

McCain does not work for Obama, but he is urging bombing. All the GOP candidates but Paul are saying Obama is weak on Iran, and saying they would bomb.

Gen Mattis does indirectly work for Obama, and he is saying that our military options in Syria are limited.

Or were you talking about something else?
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #32
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
What car? Please elaborate?

McCain does not work for Obama, but he is urging bombing. All the GOP candidates but Paul are saying Obama is weak on Iran, and saying they would bomb.

Gen Mattis does indirectly work for Obama, and he is saying that our military options in Syria are limited.

Or were you talking about something else?
Since 9/11 the president, solely, has been in the position to launch 'kinetic military action'.

~Thomas Paine
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Since 9/11 the president, solely, has been in the position to launch 'kinetic military action'.
OK, but how does that relate to my statement that its Republicans that are calling for bombing Syria and Obama who is not?

And how about this news conference yesterday?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/07/wo...y.html?_r=1&hp

Quote:
President Obama on Tuesday forcefully rebuked Republicans on the presidential campaign trail and in Congress for “beating the drums of war” in criticizing his efforts to find a diplomatic solution to the crisis over Iran’s nuclear program, underscoring how squarely the national security issue had entered the election-year debate.

In a news conference on Tuesday, President Obama defended his efforts to deal with Iran's nuclear program.

Mr. Obama’s comments, in which he suggested without naming Iraq that the United States had only recently gone to war “wrapped up in politics,” came in a televised news conference. The White House scheduled it on a day when leading Republicans were addressing an influential pro-Israel lobbying group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, known as Aipac, at its annual conference.

There, the two leading Republican presidential candidates, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney, assailed Mr. Obama’s foreign policy as ineffective and weak in their appeals to the group. The Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, called for Congress to authorize the use of force against Iran.

The president was withering in his retort. “Those folks don’t have a lot of responsibilities,” Mr. Obama said. “They’re not commander in chief. When I see the casualness with which some of these folks talk about war, I’m reminded of the costs involved in war” — for those who go into combat, for national security and for the economy. “This is not a game,” he added. “And there’s nothing casual about it.”

“If some of these folks think that it’s time to launch a war, they should say so, and they should explain to the American people exactly why they would do that and what the consequences would be,” he said.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
Marcus

Quote:
OK, but how does that relate to my statement that its Republicans that are calling for bombing Syria and Obama who is not?

And how about this news conference yesterday?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/07/wo...y.html?_r=1&hp
You've got the wrong thread for the Iranian war, this is about the Syrian one. I know, I know...it's hard to keep track of them all.

Here's another quote from that article
Quote:
Mr. Obama said. “They’re not commander in chief
You still watch professional wrestling too, Bill?

~Thomas Paine
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #35
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
You've got the wrong thread for the Iranian war, this is about the Syrian one. I know, I know...it's hard to keep track of them all.

Here's another quote from that article

You still watch professional wrestling too, Bill?
I realize that one was about Iran, but I had previously said

Quote:

That meant that for both Iran and Syria, it was the Republicans who wanted to drop bombs while Obama was being cautious. So I thought you might understand that I had already broadened the discussion.

I don't understand the question about professional wrestling, but I do understand that the Commander in Chief, whoever he is or whether or not I like him, has responsibilities beyond those of candidates who can throw out tough talk with no responsibility for the consequences.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #36
Marcus

Quote:
I don't understand the question about professional wrestling,.
You do know professional wrestling isn't real right? It's all a play...a script.
Just so we're clear on this...Obama is lying out his ass.

Obama is the person holding the steering wheel, nobody else, so why does it matter what these other ass clowns are saying??

Welcome to the grand illusion...

~Thomas Paine
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #37
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
You do know professional wrestling isn't real right? It's all a play...a script.
Just so we're clear on this...Obama is lying out his ass.
I don't know how you know that.

Quote:
Obama is the person holding the steering wheel, nobody else, so why does it matter what these other ass clowns are saying??
It only matters if you care whether one of them might get elected and then actually do what he is advocating.

I'm surprised that it doesn't concern you too, since Paul is advocating pretty much the opposite of the other four clowns.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #38
Bill McIntyre

More.

Quote:
Reports from the Aipac convention this week indicated that those advocating military action were getting the loudest cheers. I’d invite all those cheering to think about all the unintended and unanticipated consequences of the Iraq war or Israel’s 1982 invasion of Lebanon. That’s not a reason for paralysis. It’s a reason to heed Obama’s call to give diplomacy and biting sanctions a chance to work, while keeping the threat of force on the table.

If it comes to war, let it be because the ayatollahs were ready to sacrifice their whole economy to get a nuke and, therefore, America — the only country that can truly take down Iran’s nuclear program — had to act to protect the global system, not just Israel. I respect that this is a deadly serious issue for Israel — which has the right to act on its own — but President Obama has built a solid strategic and political case for letting America take the lead.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/07/op...friend.html?hp
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #39
Marcus

Quote:
I don't know how you know that.
Same backers, same cabinet people, populated by the same people....banker CFR elitist types. Just like Bush Sr, Clinton, GW, and now Obama...all carrying out the same agenda, that of the NWO crowd.

Quote:
I'm surprised that it doesn't concern you too, since Paul is advocating pretty much the opposite of the other four clowns.
It does concern me, why do you think I've been advocating for RP so hard? Because I knew the rest of these people are in the club and are determined to bankrupt America even if they have to start WW3. WW3 fits their agenda of mass depopulation though too.

~Thomas Paine
Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #40
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Same backers, same cabinet people, populated by the same people....banker CFR elitist types. Just like Bush Sr, Clinton, GW, and now Obama...all carrying out the same agenda, that of the NWO crowd.

It does concern me, why do you think I've been advocating for RP so hard? Because I knew the rest of these people are in the club and are determined to bankrupt America even if they have to start WW3. WW3 fits their agenda of mass depopulation though too.
Sorry Mark, but now you are into cuckoo territory again.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #41
Marcus

Quote:
Sorry Mark, but now you are into cuckoo territory again.
Just pointing out the facts. I can prove everything I've said above. Apparently, the truth is too much for you to bear. Do I need to post the JFK speech again? He tried to warn us. Eisenhower?

~Thomas Paine
Old 03-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
Marcus

Proof

Syrian Rebels are Foreign-backed Terrorists

~Thomas Paine
Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #43
Marcus

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/abc-re...-russia-denies

"ABC Reports Russian Troops Have Arrived In Syria, Russia Denies

Earlier today, Al Arabiya made waves in the energy market following reports that a Russian ship carrying special forces had arrived in the Syrian port of Tartus, previously demonstrated here to be a key strategic asset in the Mediterranean. This news was promptly denied by RIA, which said that "there were no Russian military ships off Syria coast" and that the Iman ship is a tanker which is merely conducting resource support functions. Furthermore, according to the Russian Ministry of Defense, the crew of Iman consists solely of "civilian personnel, which is being guarded." That may or may not be the case, but has not stopped ABC from blasting, minutes ago, a headline that "Russian anti-terror troops arrive in Syria" a development that a "United Nations Security Council source told ABC News was "a bomb" certain to have serious repercussions." Which begs the question: is everyone now dead set on having war in Syria, and by proxy, Iran?"

(Does WW3 concern you JP?)

~Thomas Paine
Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #44
Bill McIntyre

Those are actually NWO troops wearing Russian uniforms.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #45
jackpine savage
Kill your food

No Marcus because this isn't WW3.