Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Miami and The Florida Keys (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Key Largo Charter Recommendation? (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=201313)

Tyson Brown 07-21-2021 09:10 PM

Key Largo Charter Recommendation?

My oldest son is turning 13, and we're going to do a special father-son Keys trip. We won't be down long, probably gonna have to keep it to the weekend only due to other time off work recently.

I don't have a boat anymore, plan to drive down on a Friday, dive on Sat, travel back Sun.

Planning for late August.

Here's the thing: I want him to get to sightsee-dive a nice reef, and also to catch a few lobster for the family, and then maybe get to fish (H&L or spearfish) a little, all on a full-day charter.

Anyone know a charter captain who could do it? One tank on a reef, some shallow lobster, and some fishing seems not impossible in a day.

I used to frequent the Summerland area in my childhood, but I was thinking Key Largo as I havent been there and it's supposed to have nicer reefs???

Thanks!

sharpshooter 07-22-2021 06:13 PM

Re: Key Largo Charter Recommendation?

You can Google Forever Young charters. They cover from Key Largo to Marathon. Have 2 different size fast boats. Pretty sure they can fill your 3 requests in a day.

Tyson Brown 07-26-2021 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshooter (Post 2204305)
You can Google Forever Young charters. They cover from Key Largo to Marathon. Have 2 different size fast boats. Pretty sure they can fill your 3 requests in a day.

Thanks for the tip - I did end up booking with Forever Young!

sharpshooter 07-26-2021 09:06 AM

Tyson, glad I could help. Hope, you and your son have a great time. Perhaps you can post a video of your charter.

Tyson Brown 07-26-2021 01:14 PM

I have an old GoPro but never figured out a mount for it, so I've never really used it underwater. Tried once on a head strap and found it floating off before I realized it had slipped loose....

But this is an awesome opportunity for something like that, so I'll have to try again somehow

Tyson Brown 07-26-2021 01:15 PM

Definitely will post a report, definitely photos, and maybe maybe video...

Dbrown 07-26-2021 06:14 PM

Lycra hood over your head strap would solve that issue if you don't want to get a mask with built in go pro mount.

Tyson Brown 07-26-2021 10:58 PM

I'm thinking about using some E6000 to stick a GoPro mount onto my mask frame. Or maybe just use a GoPro handle, should work for lobstering