Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Miami and The Florida Keys (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mini season visitors (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=201185)

jensen 06-02-2021 03:03 PM

Mini season visitors

I’m coming to Florida for the mini season next month and am finding every charter has been booked. Hoping the group could enlighten me - is there shore diving anywhere in Florida to grab some bugs? I’m a socal lobster diver and am used to kicking off from the sand.

We’ll be flying into Miami but will be mobile.

Hoping to get some info on the shore diving option.

Thanks in advance I appreciate it

Jensen

heybuddies 06-08-2021 09:21 PM

Re: Mini season visitors

Quote:

Originally Posted by jensen (Post 2203678)
Iím coming to Florida for the mini season next month and am finding every charter has been booked. Hoping the group could enlighten me - is there shore diving anywhere in Florida to grab some bugs? Iím a socal lobster diver and am used to kicking off from the sand.

Weíll be flying into Miami but will be mobile.

Hoping to get some info on the shore diving option.

Thanks in advance I appreciate it

Jensen

Best bet is the keys. Iíve lived in FL my entire lifeÖ havenít been diving for lobster in a long time but would recommend Marathon, FL. Hang out at the ramp and ask for a ride and offer generously pay for their gas. You will find someone to take you up on your offer. There should also be some shore dive opportunities too, but hard to guarantee buga from shore. I wish you could get better info but this site is dead. I am a Facebook hold-out but that seems to be where everyone from this forum has moved to. Good luck!

diverlen 06-09-2021 04:57 AM

Please don't forget the FWC licenses including Florida Lobster stamp, especially important on the sport days. As you are an out-of-stater, you will need to insure that you are fully in compliance because the FWC guys including the sheriff's department are out in full force checking on everyone. Each year I have been checked at least twice each day

MADMAX 06-30-2021 05:55 AM

Dive off the beach in Key West near the southernmost point, watch boat traffic
MadMax

OBLIGATED 07-07-2021 10:41 AM

All those boulders along the shoreline in the keys have lobster.If you get a 1/4 inch diameter piece of rebar or aluminum about 6 ft you can tickle them out on land at night and have a buddy net them in the water.
South side of Bahia Honda bridge always produced a shore lunch.

kwyoungspear 07-08-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX (Post 2204099)
Dive off the beach in Key West near the southernmost point, watch boat traffic
MadMax

Do NOT do this.

diverlen 07-09-2021 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwyoungspear (Post 2204160)
Do NOT do this.

Amen to this one. What a way to get run over by passing traffic on a time like this.