View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 11:04 PM   #6
Ron S

Re: Advice for a new 70cm gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
If you would consider a teak gun, the Riffe Comp 0 cannot be beat for ruggedness, durability, and longevity. It is the perfect size for the kind of hunting you do. Great for holes, and on good visibility days it will reach out to the distances you need for any rockfish. Mine is a workhorse that is still going strong after 20 years. I just rub some teak oil on it once a season (or not) but a fresh water rinse is really all you need to do. Besides, it is quieter than a clankey metal gun. Never had to replace a shaft ever, just spear tips.
Max Iím a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I already have a C-0 and use it often. I just donít shoot it very well. I love it for hole hunting and bad vis, and on a good day, can even do well with long shots, just not consistently. I watched the videos your son posted of him using his C-0 and am just amazed! He hits fish with that thing at distances that would really tax my abilities with any gun.

I may just keep my trusty old RA and convince my penny pinching son to kick out about half the dough for a new RA 70...
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote