View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #27
southbound
Low Now

Re: Where do you store a boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton713
I hear you guys about having friends with boats instead of owning your own, but I am new hear and that takes time. I've made offers to pay for peoples full tanks of gas for runs on the islands and that still stands. I am in a unique time of my life where I have the income and flexibility to enjoy a boat before I get anchored by a wife or kids. Plus I didn't grow up in California doing this stuff so what may seem like an average day on the water for most is a great day for me. I just want to make the most of my time.
Boat ownership has is up's and down's, but for me the up's outway the down's. If you have the means and the desire, get a boat. There is nothing like having a day off on a perfect day and the ability to take your boat wherever you want to go when you want to go. Of course there are headaches and day's you will be stuck at the ramp broken down, but the good still overides the bad IMO. I live in Huntington Beach and have my 22'Cabo in an RV yard and it cost's $150.00 a month. I also have a 17.5 Whaler in my driveway. The Cabo is not good on the gas or the dough it cost's to store. I am in the process of selling the Cabo and putting a fourstroke on the Whaler. A bigger boat is nice to have, but for 2 guy's and a run to Cat or Clemente for the day my cheap little Whaler is all I need for now. I second the opinion of a glass boat for trips around here.
southbound is offline   Reply With Quote