Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Upper Gulfcoast

Upper Gulfcoast This is the area for spearfishermen in Panama City, Destin/Ft. Walton, Pensacola, Alabama, Miss., and Louisiana.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Abe

Is it legal to spear Crab Island area in Destin

I went over the FWC rules and didn't find a definitive answer to this. Is it legal to spearfish on/around Crab Island in Destin? I know the law states one must be 100yds from a swimming beach and fishing structure (like the bridge), and 100ft from jetties... but that area is a little unique in that its basically a swimming beach with no sand above the waterline. Is there any rule excluding that area from spearfishing? Oviously trying to go on say a Saturday afternoon is out of the question and most often times heavy boat traffic is a limiting factor, but I am more concerned with the actual legality of it.
Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
Alec

Re: Is it legal to spear Crab Island area in Destin

I'd call the FWC directly and ask them as I can see why it'd be a grey area.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
Triton

You'll probably get stopped and told you can't, even if you could though there's much better places to go then crab island. You won't see much there thats legal to spear
Triton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:44 PM   #4
JetBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
You'll probably get stopped and told you can't, even if you could though there's much better places to go then crab island. You won't see much there thats legal to spear
Any good shallow reefs near the pass in Destin that may be good for a few sheepshead or the like?
JetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote