Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
diveincanada

traveling case/bag

I've been traveling a lot with my Sportube2 and I love it but it's a PITA when security is asking me to open it and show the content. I usually travel with 3-4 guns plus 2 sets of fins + float-line, float, etc.. and trying to close it back at the airport is a nightmare.
So I was considering maybe switching to a snowboard bad of the Riffe Bunker or "The Boss" bag with rollers.
Anyone experienced some damage to the equipment with that kind of bag ?
I like the hard case of the Sportube but a full zipper bag would be much easier..
diveincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #2
diveincanada

Re: traveling case/bag

no one travelling with snowboard cases ?
Old 08-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #3
kingfisherflesh
Happy Huntin'

I usually check one dakine snowboard bag.

I can use this for a RA gun up to 120Cm with the shaft removed.

It is a tight fit.

I pack fins on either side and try to "pad" everything in wetsuit and clothing around the outside.

I have never been asked to unpack, but all my gear is wrapped up in the clothes etc with the gun and shafts acting as sort of the spine of the operation, so if they wanted me to dump it all it would still be a PITA.

Thats never happened so far, and I have been using a bag at least two flights a year since 2013.

My bag is packed to the point where its completely filled with clothes - its pretty rigid.

Good luck!

WISCONSIN SPEARGUN HUNTERS
kingfisherflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #4
diveincanada

I travel to Mexico a lot. You have to press that button at custom and you get the green or red light.. Red, they search you.. I dunno why but I get red a lot...
So anyway, they always ask to open the case. Once opened, they don't even check what's inside.. but I still have to close it back and like I said, it's a real PITA...
Old 08-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #5
dr.ed

Kiteboard bag is da b@#b! 'Golf deceiver" bag. Re-enforced back; 60" shafts fit; sport shaft launchers; fins; float lines; floats; break-down carbon fiber kayak paddle; ect. Towels wetsuit wraps for padding. Never any damage to gear. Bag been damaged. Plus it weighs 2 to 5 lbs less than sport tube. Been to Hawaii eight times; been opened by tsa three times going & four times coming home. I leave a nice note to tsa; gotte a couple of thanks back.

I strongly recommend it
dr.ed is offline   Reply With Quote