Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #16
Nock'N Bottom

Re: Smyrna, New Ramp Fee

The gambling boat is totally different, beside I am sure they pay plenty to operate there. I am in New Smyrna all the time with the boat or surfing alot of people do that, spend money at hotels, resturants, marinas, ect you better believe that money gets to the city and county. Why is bike week such a boom for the city of Daytona. As for minimal waste local, open your eyes, the city of Orlando is run by organized crime with sweet heart land deals, all kinds of corruption, the expressway authority, the list goes on. And I am sure that New Smyrna is no different although on a smaller level.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...EAST070108.htm
Nock'N Bottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #17
IRONHEAD
Member of the Pain Train

what is amazing is amendment 1 axed a lot of teachers out of the budget but I drive past spruce creek hs and see a huge renovation of the parking lot. tax money hard at work
IRONHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #18
Flyingtiger
SAFMC G and S AP

Send a message via Yahoo to Flyingtiger

yeah they are axing teachers in orlando but can spend 270000 on red light cameras.
I personally do not have a problem with a 25.00 annual fee if the use it at the boat ramp.
What does the 13cents a gallon gas tax in volusia county do.
last weekend at the New Smyrna boat I got there at 9 and I was able to park my truck and trailer in the first lot. Gas prices are killing people and this will stop even more.
I personally write alot of politicians on all levels and it basically gets smoke blown up my arrsss. I have been involved in the grouper and snapper issues for 3 terms and have now come to the conclusion that in the AP we are just show. The councils probably throw darts at our pictures and laugh.
:Lets make our own ramp like the fisherman in Stuart did.

"Life is Short Live it:
Flyingtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #19
JStafford

Send a message via AIM to JStafford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nock'N Bottom View Post
I might be wrong, please correct me if I am, but doesn't it cost Volusia county more to collect beach tolls (tax) then they bring in.
I think there are areas of the beach (more or less protions of Daytona I believe) that it does cost more for the worker than they bring in in a day and I believe there was an article in the NJ about closing some of the booths.

Apparently they do pull down some money on busy days.

IMHO I wouldn't be against paying to use a ramp, but all they would need to do is put in one of those reciept machines and you put in $5 and it gives you a pass for your dashbooard for the day. They could leave it up to local PD to patrol it. They could even make money if somone wanted to record what happens if a guy pulls up and his trucks been towed because he was to cheap to pay $5. That could be interesting.
JStafford is offline   Reply With Quote