Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #31
Lino
209-202-DIVE

Send a message via ICQ to Lino Send a message via MSN to Lino Send a message via Yahoo to Lino
Re: weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
I could make a smart as comment right here however, please don't dive with people "baked." How can your "baked" friend be a buddy and help you out of a tough situation? I dont know about other people, I dive with people I trust to help me out if I need it. That's why its called the buddy system.

Would it be cool for a boat driver to do "what they want" before they get behind the wheel of a boat or any vehicle for that matter? Heck drivers are bad enough sober let alone be high on a substance....

I have dived with many guy's some smoke weed, I'm not their dad, also the buddy system is rarely used unless I'm diving 50 plus feet.
We were diving shallow the other night, and in the dark where if you don't see their light, you don't see them at all.
These are their choices, at least this is all they do.
Lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #32
Waiting2Exhale
.....born upon the tide

Tim Meadows will pretty much set you straight on this one

FYI, not everyone is retarded when they smoke.......like you were led to believe.

Lucky Jack - .......The Surprise is not old; no one would call her old. She has a bluff bow, lovely lines. She's a fine seaboat: weatherly, stiff and fast, very fast, if she's well handled. No, she's not old; she's in her prime.
Waiting2Exhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #33
SDDiver5

Quote:
I could make a smart as comment right here however, please don't dive with people "baked." How can your "baked" friend be a buddy and help you out of a tough situation? I dont know about other people, I dive with people I trust to help me out if I need it. That's why its called the buddy system.

Would it be cool for a boat driver to do "what they want" before they get behind the wheel of a boat or any vehicle for that matter? Heck drivers are bad enough sober let alone be high on a substance....

There are two problems with this statement and many more problems with your argument.

1. You cant tell the rest of the board members on this thread why they should not smoke weed and then dive and that you are an idiot if you do smoke. You said yourself you have never done drugs, never will. Great for you, dude. You have read about it on the internet and heard about it on the news and that makes you an expert? Are you kidding me? Do you just assume it makes everyone seem like a cheech and chong stoner? Do you just assume it makes people unsafe? I'll admit some people are dumb piled out stoners but not everyone.

2. We are talking about diving and smoking. Not operating a vehicle or vessle and smoking, thats a completely different argument. Not that it makes a difference or anything. Dont derail the topic of the thread because you are running out of supporting evidence to back up your ridiculous claims.

Don't hijack this thread and start stating your opinions because you have read up on the issue and you think it makes you and expert. You are the one that sounds like an idiot, sir. Not us.

P.S. Willie Nelson is a very very famous man because of what he does when he is high. Using Willie Nelson to back up your opinions is contradictory to your whole argument.

D
SDDiver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #34
Tiny

If you're more alert and have an increased ability to rescue your dive partner while high then i say have at it.

It doesn't work that way for me and I would hate to let my dive buddy down. But then again, I only dive with people I like.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #35
grouperdude
hard core snorkeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2Exhale View Post
FYI, not everyone is retarded when they smoke.......like you were led to believe.

http://youtu.be/tlSyLf_xNV8
From most of what I have read, from the people on this board defending it, I'd say yes it does make you retarded

WAR DAM EAGLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouperdude
grouperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #36
Waiting2Exhale
.....born upon the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouperdude View Post
From most of what I have read, from the people on this board defending it, I'd say yes it does make you retarded
Thats funny cause I have to smoke to deal with the everyday retards who dont.......present company included........

Lucky Jack - .......The Surprise is not old; no one would call her old. She has a bluff bow, lovely lines. She's a fine seaboat: weatherly, stiff and fast, very fast, if she's well handled. No, she's not old; she's in her prime.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #37
waterwise

Quote:

and seems to be your stoned now....wtf chuck do you really want me to spam this post with thousands of articles from the internet supporting my side of your aurgument which by your post supports daily intake of mind altering substances?
By all means. If you believe that you have a legitimate article stating the dangers, I can just as easily counter that with others. My guess is that I can find more articles, with more thorough and legitimate science supporting them. I have them bookmarked, so by all means, begin....

Quote:
There is no reasonable aurgument for illegal drugs.
Maybe, maybe not.. I could probably think of a few. Either way, the issue is moot because marijuana in the state of California is not illegal. You would know that if you knew what you were talking about though.

Quote:
And there is no aurguing with people who partake in them like you.
Quite the contrary. I am willing to argue all day and night on the subject, what you meant to say that that you can't win against people like me.

Quote:
Maybe once you grow up you'll learn....if not you'll just be another of those "Willie Nelson" kinda people.
Willie Nelson is a legend, not only that, but he's an activist as well. Willie Nelson has done more for the people/planet with his little pinky than you could even dream of doing. Show some respect for others who do great things.

Quote:
yup im a square and proud of it. dont do drugs, never have never will....
Then why bother argue about it with others who know more about it than you? If you don't know anything about what you are saying, just keep your trap shut!

Look son, I hold a B.S. and am working toward a J.D. If you wanna keep this up, I'm game. Arguing is what I do. I can already tell it will be an easy win.

The dangers of marijuana are so overblown that its stupefying to think about. Plain and simple, Advil is more dangerous than cannabis. Ibuprofen can kill you faster than cannabis. I do not advocate diving while stoned (at least nothing deep or strenuous), nor operating heavy machinery, but to say that someone can't or shouldn't smoke a joint in the privacy of his/her own home is retarded. Alcohol is monumentally more hazardous than cannabis by leaps and bounds. Teenagers die when they get into mom and dads liquor cabinet. Teenagers just get stoned when they get into mom and dads stash.
waterwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
grouperdude
hard core snorkeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2Exhale View Post
Thats funny cause I have to smoke to deal with the everyday retards who dont.......present company included........
So you use it as a crutch? Good for you, glad to here that no one ever becomes dependent on it

WAR DAM EAGLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouperdude
grouperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
AlexbeeintheUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Weed is not a gateway drug that leads to harder drugs, it's more of a drive-thru drug that leads to apple pies and milkshakes.
Me and you would get along just fine
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #40
Waiting2Exhale
.....born upon the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouperdude View Post
So you use it as a crutch? Good for you, glad to here that no one ever becomes dependent on it
No more than a cup of coffee in the a.m. or a beer after work......

Old 10-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #41
AlexbeeintheUK

Quote:

Despite a previous post of yours stating you have never done drugs you sound an awful lot like a typical reformed smoker. I am not knocking you and i do agree it can be a little idiotic at times to smoke and dive (especially deep and at a new spot), but seriously, quit the whining dude and take another toke...
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
CaptainLeo

It's legal in California? So I can just walk around smoking a joint and nobody will say or do anything about it? That's good to know.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #43
waterwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLeo View Post
It's legal in California? So I can just walk around smoking a joint and nobody will say or do anything about it? That's good to know.
That's a poor argument to make. You can't walk around with an open beer in your hands either... duh.
waterwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #44
CaptainLeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwise View Post
That's a poor argument to make. You can't walk around with an open beer in your hands either... duh.
So, it's not legal then? Only if you have a card, right?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #45
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Weed is bad, we should burn it...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote