Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 02-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
sweatloaf

Material things, going.

Some life milestones have changed my view of the world, but particularly material things. I can go into it irl over beers, if anyone wants to talk about where disease, death, and duty converge in life.

Anyway. All the backups to the backups in the quiver, buddy & kid setups, prospective trip gear, gun building, rigging supplies collected over a dozen years of this freediving thing have got to go. As well as a s-ton of rodnreel fishing stuff, fly gear, much NIB. Metalworking lathe. Golden age Craftsman machines (bandsaws, lathes, grinders). Premium and antique woodworking hand tools. A garage full of shelves packed with stuff, basically. Will consider a nice round figure just to take it off my hands and regain the physical and mental space, preferable to dropping it at playitagain for pennies, or the thousand cuts of ebay.

Local pickup, lol.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #2
h20zone

Re: Material things, going.

thats tough...PM'd ya
h20zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
davej

That's profound, I would be glad to take some of that off your heads. Can you be more specific n what you got and where its located?
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:05 PM   #4
mikelb

I can really empathize right now. Hope all moves forward in a positive way. Best, Mike.

And I vouch for davej aka surfer dave, fisherman, kite guy, gun builder, etc. Again, may we all move in a positive direction.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
Scuba Fever

Dont trust Dave , hes got one of those Boston Whaler Revenge boats ...

Old 02-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #6
Bob Ballew

You have my sympathy...my wife's biggest fear isn't my pending demise, but, rather, having to get rid of my garage full of stuff " I might need some day"....couple of suggestions: consider an "estate sale" wherein their staff sets up the sale online with photos of items... lots of people read their calendar, looking for deals...usually a 3 day sale with prices dropping down to half of tagged prices the final day (see: EstateSales.net for their listings)...advertising higher priced items on Craig's List often results in a quick sale, as well as fishing sites like Bloodydecks...or, hauling it to a consignment business or auction house to do the selling is another possibility...hope all goes well...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 02-13-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #7
WESTBURY

Can you provide any info on the metal lathe?

WESTBURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:20 PM   #8
sdDive

Interested but where are you located? Is this only for people you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sdDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:02 AM   #9
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdDive View Post
Interested but where are you located? Is this only for people you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoPas=

South Pasadena.

Keep your stuff!

Go into a box and reminisce on the joy you had when you bought the items. Find yourself; take a fishing pole or two, walk an inner-city park with a lake and give them to a kid.

When I was 11 or 12 living in Bell Gardens and fishing the pond at Ford Park, I fished with an aluminum can, a sparkplug for a weight and bummed fishing line and a hook or two from other fishermen. I caught more catfish than most using dug up worms and it kept me out of all sorts of gang related trouble. What I would have given for a couple of fishing poles back then. Such a small gesture on your part today would have meant so much to me back then...

Happiness is a skill that carries you through anything and everything- perhaps even what you are going through now~
Be happy today, tomorrow and always through the happiness you instill onto others. Either keep your stuff or find the joy of giving it all away one item at a time to ones that may really need it and appreciate it.

- My two cents- at any rate:
You want to talk? I am here day or night!
-Mario 562-569-1750

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #10
mikelb

Nice.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:59 AM   #11
Sea_Bass

Best wishes sweatloaf. Living should be giving it away. True happiness manifests in the actions of Love, Charity, and Forgiveness.

Last edited by Sea_Bass; 02-23-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Sea_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #12
WESTBURY

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrasco View Post
SoPas=

South Pasadena.

Keep your stuff!

Go into a box and reminisce on the joy you had when you bought the items. Find yourself; take a fishing pole or two, walk an inner-city park with a lake and give them to a kid.

When I was 11 or 12 living in Bell Gardens and fishing the pond at Ford Park, I fished with an aluminum can, a sparkplug for a weight and bummed fishing line and a hook or two from other fishermen. I caught more catfish than most using dug up worms and it kept me out of all sorts of gang related trouble. What I would have given for a couple of fishing poles back then. Such a small gesture on your part today would have meant so much to me back then...

Happiness is a skill that carries you through anything and everything- perhaps even what you are going through now~
Be happy today, tomorrow and always through the happiness you instill onto others. Either keep your stuff or find the joy of giving it all away one item at a time to ones that may really need it and appreciate it.

- My two cents- at any rate:
You want to talk? I am here day or night!
-Mario 562-569-1750
Your a good man Mario

WESTBURY is offline   Reply With Quote