Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
Sea_Bass

Need 1 diver for mini season

Going out on my private boat out of Jupiter, I need another diver Wed and maybe Thurs. Team player, you might have to dive solo, comfortable driving the boat in high traffic areas, play defense, be safe. It would be cool if you help out with gas/ice/or cleanup but not expected. PM me contact info if interested.
Sea_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #2
diverlen

Re: Need 1 diver for mini season

Hey Sea Bass, I think I can be of some help to you, I live in Tequesta and have over 40 years of diving experience, most of which was also in running my own boat. My email is: diverlen98@aol.com
diverlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:56 AM   #3
Sea_Bass

Thanks for the reply, I'll reach out next trip. I'm not going out today. I went out yesterday and got a bunch of lionfish and lobsters, didn't bring the gun. I won't be doing season opener or another mini-season, I was disgusted by the behavior of others on the water.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:51 AM   #4
joespy66

last year was my last mini. So many idiots zipping around trying to find bugs. They have no courtesy or common sense. Since they have no idea where the bugs are they buzz every other boat thinking they must know something. I dont know how many times I had a boat drive right over my flag in past years. Its amazing no one has died. at least that I know of.

I'll wait for September when everyone has forgotten about lobsters and go back to the sand bar to get wasted.
joespy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:01 PM   #5
diverik
The Duck-footed Destroyer

There was a guy inshore of us in a blue Americat. He dropped a marker jug every 300ft or so for a good 1/4 mile in 90 ft. That's not how my father taught it. One of my buddies swore off mini season as well.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
Bug-nuts
Killin' -n- chillin'

Hey Rick, Long time no see. I've been out nursing some injuries for a while but I'm back full speed now. Give me a shout any time you'd like to dive. I sold my boat and went to a flats boat but I'll dive off yours or have access to boats if we need one.
Let's get it done.

Bug-Nuts
Bug-nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:04 AM   #7
Sea_Bass

I had boats following me all day waiting for me to drop. Then, they would drop down current 1/4 mile North of us on the same line. Happened every drop. One drop I ran about a mile away from anyone North or South, 5 minutes into the drop same thing another yahoo rolls up and drops down current of my line.

During another drop, I had the commercial dive shop ops' boat running 1/4 mile circles around my flag during their surface interval far a good distance from the main popular ledge they always dive. No radio call so not searching for his diver...

The icing on the cake were the two small boats out "bottom fishing" on a Wednesday 1st day of season. They would run up to any boat with a dive flag, pretend to fish for a minute, mark your number, and then drive off to the next boat. Mother****ers wouldn't look me in the eyes the whole time. Maybe come August 1st I'll take off work to go out "fishing" the first day of your season and follow you around pretending to fish.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
diverik
The Duck-footed Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug-nuts View Post
Hey Rick, Long time no see. I've been out nursing some injuries for a while but I'm back full speed now. Give me a shout any time you'd like to dive. I sold my boat and went to a flats boat but I'll dive off yours or have access to boats if we need one.
Let's get it done.

Bug-Nuts