Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:29 PM   #16
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: 2021 National Spearfishing Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year View Post
Sorry you the smart kids made fun of you, must have damaged you beyond belief to have lasted this long.
Be happy to get one of my sick friends to give you a case so you can prove out your immune system.
My immune system has treated very well over the years. I lick door knobs to make it stronger.
I did get a curious cold that went straight to my lungs with no other symptoms late last year. I took expectorant pills and plenty of water to beat it in about a week.
I'll take my immune system over unproven gene therapy shots any day. I'm not a lab rat, to each their own.
I never have had 'flu shots' and know of at least 10 people who got sick after getting them. Furthermore, the aforementioned malady is the first I've had in about a decade.

Wait...what was this thread about? Cheese n Rice, can't guys stay on topic?
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 05-09-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:07 AM   #17
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Talking Re: 2021 National Spearfishing Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
My immune system has treated very well over the years. I lick door knobs to make it stronger.
LOL Too funny.

Red Tide. The timing is between these two major impact storms.

MAY 3, 2021 HURRICANES 🌀
FROM GLOBAL WEATHER OSCILLATIONS
GWO’s senior research scientist Professor David Dilley says that - although there will be fewer storms than last year’s record breaking 30 named storms - the 2021 season will again have a near 100% probability for destructive United States hurricane landfalls.

The 2021 predictions by Professor Dilley - calls for 17 named storms which is still well above the long-term average of 12 named storms. There will be 8 hurricanes and 3 to 4 major hurricanes in the Atlantic Basin. The United States will have 4 to 5 hurricane landfalls and 2 major impact hurricane landfalls. Professor Dilley says that due to the landfalls occurring in more densely populated areas - this season will likely be more dangerous and costly for the United States than last year.

Professor Dilley stresses – “You should not simply focus on the predicted number of Atlantic Basin named storms. What is much more important is knowing how many United States landfalls there will be – and where they will occur”. The ability to predict landfall locations in advance is the reason Global Weather Oscillations is the foremost organization when it comes to hurricane predictions.

All kidding aside, Scott and Jim, this is great news that the Nationals happens in Florida. Good job! 👍

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:17 PM   #18
Red Tide

My team and I qualified this past weekend for the 2021 Nationals event. We will make the best of whatever it is on tournament day.

"Congratulations to your new FL State Spearfishing Champions!"

First place individual-GR Tarr 70.50
Second place individual- Matthew Warner 64.90
Third place individual- Austin Atkins 61.85

Largest fish- 50.75 G.R. Tarr

Team Champion- Red Tide 193.6
Team 2nd place- Xspearamental Fishing 158.85
Team Third place- F’N Off 157.80

Full results
1. Red Tide 193.60
GR Tarr 70.50
Austin Atkins 61.85
Ryan Lacedonia 61.25

2. Xspearamental Fishing 158.85
Matthew Warner 64.90
Mirco Zanella 52.05
Mike Graff 41.90
3. F’N Off 157.80
Skyler Hamilton 58.40
Clovis Sood 53.50
DeAngelo Pulliza 45.90

4. AB Unicorns 111.75
Bill Van Deman 39.20
Matt Brueckner 37.70
Eddie Slattery 34.85

5. Team Stamas 92.01
Bryan Anderson 42.7
Trey Strickland 38.20
Scott Lucas 11.11

6. Diving Dirty 56.25
Max Jurocko 39.20
Grant Soulliere 8.8
Nick Weeks 8.25
Old 05-11-2021, 02:40 AM   #19
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

Quote:
Not sure how I'm going to turn out after covid, only got 92% oxygen level so far. A couple hours of mild exertion wrecks me.
Should be a few nice fish around. I'm just really spoiled.
Sorry to hear about that Tony. Probably a divers worse nightmare, not being able to breathe. Hope you regain Lung function and get back to doing what you love. Dan

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:06 AM   #20
sacha58

Quote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate your support. I'll keep living vicariously through your reports, videos and reports.
Covid is very real and dangerous, those who negate it , negate reality. I lost 5 colleagues to it. And long term consequences are frequent. Stay strong !

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:10 AM   #21
sacha58

Quote:
A cold so deadly you have to take a test to see if you have it.
An unproven experimental gene therapy so great you have to force/pay people to take it.

Baaaa
I suggest to anyone who think so , to volunteer one shift in a covid unit Int Care

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #22
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Thanks for the support guys! I saw a vid Jim posted about Dano recovering and got a bit of hope.

Great to see the "seasoned" spearfishermen at the top. Good luck to GR and crew.

Sacha, you're wasting your breath, that guy lives in a world of disproved conspiracies.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:16 PM   #23
Marcus

Hospitals are empty. Less business than normal.

100days, take off the 5 masks you're wearing and your oxygen levels will improve.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 05-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #24
SEATUX

Quote:
Sorry you the smart kids made fun of you, must have damaged you beyond belief to have lasted this long.
Be happy to get one of my sick friends to give you a case so you can prove out your immune system.
He is what he is, and has always been..
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #25
Marcus

An unproven experimental gene therapy shot so great you have to force/pay people to take it.
2 weeks to flatten the curve. The gov't and their exorbitantly paid apparatchiks would never lie to you. They've proven themselves so trust worthy.

I got something that went straight to my lungs (No other symptoms) late last year. Plenty of water and expectorant pills and I shook it off in about a week.
I'm not a Covidian cultist. I don't wear masks, social distance, or participate in lockdown BS that will kill you.
This BS is about control, period. I'll keep licking doorknobs and will still be here after, if ever, this weaponized agenda is finally played out.

Much love to you and yours.

Last edited by Marcus; 05-11-2021 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #26
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
An unproven experimental gene therapy shot so great you have to force/pay people to take it.
2 weeks to flatten the curve. The gov't and their exorbitantly paid apparatchiks would never lie to you. They've proven themselves so trust worthy.

I got something that went straight to my lungs (No other symptoms) late last year. Plenty of water and expectorant pills and I shook it off in about a week.
I'm not a Covidian cultist. I don't wear masks, social distance, or participate in lockdown BS that will kill you.
This BS is about control, period. I'll keep licking doorknobs and will still be here after, if ever, this weaponized agenda is finally played out.

Much love to you and yours.
Shut the Phuck up! Your a low life troll! I too have lost a good friend to Covid. People like you disgust me. Take your crap away to where you belong...behind closed doors where you were banished. This thread is not about Covid-19 its about spearfishing.

Thanks Tony
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:42 AM   #27
jfjf

Almost like the good old days.... Craziness abounds on this forum.

Congratulations GR.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:51 PM   #28
Marco

Hahaha! Congratulations GR!

100Days: I had Covid last year. I'm 55. I almost passed one night. My oxigen level dropped to 82% and I felt I couldn't breath: Didn't go to ER, but my doctor told me to do so. I was too scared about being intubated that I waited until last minute before going to the hospital. I started to recover slowly but steady after that night. I would say I'm 100% recovered now. I worked out like never before. Swimming, running and gym. If I could, you can. But you have to workout your a$$ off...

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #29
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

Congrats GR & everyone else who kicked ass in the FSDA State Championships, I hope to see all of you at the Nationals August 12th in Stuart, FL!

So far, tournament planning's going great. I have over $9,000 worth of pledged gear from sponsors! My plan is for some prizes to go to the winners & some to go as random door prizes to those who attend the awards banquet. The banquet's gonna be held at the Twisted Tuna in Port Salerno Friday night August 13th. Main course includes prime rib, blackened mahi, & chicken marsala. Plus, drinks (non-alcoholic), salad, vegetable medley, red potatoes, & dessert - all included for just $50 a plate! My hope is that the banquet ends up being not just for competitors & their guests but turns into a kinda reunion party for all those in the local freedive/spearfishing community including all PBF past & present.

In my effort to make this a great & memorable Nationals, I kinda forgot about the club (PBF)! So, I am currently working on a good meeting venue and we will have a club meeting very soon (hopefully sometime next week). We need to pay our annual membership dues & figure out who wants to do Nats (PBF gets 6 Teams from each Division - Men's, Women's, & Mixed). For those who don't want to compete but still want to be involved, there's plenty of opportunity to help out. We'll need a Tournament Committee, Tournament Chair, & observers on all boats day of the tournament.

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote