Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #301
Queer for Spear
Aluminum Foil is the best

Re: Bad Accident - Please pray for Headhunter561 (Rob Murphy)!

Im so sorry to hear this....your in my family's thoughts and good vibes coming your way from the left coast...Stay strong brotha
Old 01-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #302
SpearitPBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBrewer View Post
Rehosted Petra's video at youtube. Should load faster, and won't beat up her server so much :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3glMzlutc

Really awesome video, nice job!

Cousin Rusty
Awesome Video Petra, and what a truly thoughtful and caring woman you are! And Rob, you sure can bring em in! Get well and back out there soon our friend Spearit
Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #303
gofish

Rob, I've never met you, but I have kept you in my prayers this week and will continue to pray for you. Never forget that our Lord IS the Master Physician.

On a side note; dude to only be certified for one year... you have done some serious SLAYING. Looks like you skipped the minor leagues and went straight to pro-ball.

God Bless,
Ragan Tidwell
Panama City, FL
gofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #304
JaxShooter

We pray for a speedy recovery and that you will soon be back out on the water. The pain must be great but seek your comfort through Christ.

I would like to share a scripture with you, it may be hard to except but please consider it and remember God still has a bigger plan for you.

2 Corinthians 2:5-10 If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you, to some extent-not to put it too severely. The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient for him. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you therefore to reaffirm your love for him. The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven if there was anything to forgive - I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake.

Christ is our Creator and our Savoir and all things are possible through Him. Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savoir, who daily bears our burdens.
JaxShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #305
Bubbafishing
You scared? Get a dog.

To the Spearfishing Community;

I will be selling all of my extra dive gear (Mares BC, Atomic Fins, dive masks and such) and every single penny of it will go to Rob Murphy. I will post pictures of all the gear this weekend. My beloved 1997 Honda 1500cc Goldwing with 60,000 miles is now officially up for sale and all the proceeds from the sale will go to the fund established for Rob. Also, I will make a set of 3 bands for anyone who wants them for $50 and the money will go to Rob as well. I can be reached at 561 401 6460 if there are any questions.

Thanks.

Bubba.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly… who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Bubbafishing; 01-13-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Added an item
Bubbafishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #306
oretna

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I am at work and unable to read the whole thread: is there a paypal account where we can donate? Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Thanks.
oretna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #307
Luke
hammerhead911

Great video! If you notice in the picture with me and Rob I am holding the AJ, but pointing to him. It was his fish, but he didn't have enough hands to hold them all for the picture. He put the rest of us killers to shame that day. Hang tough buddy!

Luke
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #308
Man-O-War
Lothario

Visited Rob at St. Marys, he is hanging tough and will come stronger than ever. Courage and determination on that kid is amazing. Community support has been pivotal in his recovery and upbeat frame of mind, keep it coming guys (and girls).
Man-O-War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #309
Catalyst
Formerly Twin-or-Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by oretna View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I am at work and unable to read the whole thread: is there a paypal account where we can donate? Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Thanks.
It was back a few pages.

RobMurphyTrust@spearboard.com
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #310
R&RBUELL

Rob,
Just spoke with your mom and Mike, Very glad that you still have your sense of humor and that your hanging tight. Will be visiting you soon but want you to get your rest first. Stay strong and our prayers are with you
Rosemarie Rob Robbie and Rachel
R&RBUELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #311
SpearitPBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by keezdiver View Post
thanks tony, lisa and emily.....

i donated what i had in my paypal, it wasn't much...$10...but if everyone who gave "well wishes" in this thread sent that much....it would add up FAST!!!

so donate guys...i realize times are tough...but its nothing compared to the tough times rob will deal with in the near future...and the rest of his life.
I only tried using PayPal once before and wasnt any good at it, so I gave up, but after speaking with DiveGal tonight, yes, it is EASY to set up and worked my first try! he he so, funds sent for brother Rob, Get well soon! Spearit and Hubby, Jack
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #312
DRSALADO
Team Maverick America

Best wishes Rob, I hope you get well soon and back in the water, I am praying for your fast recovery, I also hope they caught the boater and make him pay for his irresponsibility! There are no excuses for that kind of accidents!
I said, we divers get together and try to enforce stricter boaterís driving rules, or some kind of a boat driving license that require Coast guard boating school or something that enforce boat drivers to learn and follow the rules.
God bless you & help you thru a quick and full recovery
DRSALADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #313
B1kunkel
Bryn

Send a message via AIM to B1kunkel

Awesome video!! Good to hear from u rob, glad u are in high spirits, keeping u in my prayers for a speedy recovery

Bryn
B1kunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #314
Keys Lady

My prayers are with Rob his family and friends.
305-393-9686
Keys Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #315
diverlb

Stay tough Rob! I've got a open spot for you on my boat whenever your ready. Also got a crew of guys that want to meet you and are ready to help if you need anything done around your house while your getting better. Just let us know anytime. And don't forget while your getting better the fish are just getting bigger for you!
diverlb is offline   Reply With Quote