Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
waterstone

Riffe Euro trigger disassembly help

I have a Riffe Euro trigger that's acting a little goofy and I want to remove the trigger unit from the gun to clean it well, be sure there's no bit of sand or whatever gummed up in there.

I've already removed the handle, and now it looks like I just need to remove the 2 screws sideways through the stock -- then the trigger unit will lift out... Correct?

Is there anything I should know about that will spring loose on me? I'm pretty sure I can leave the line release alone. It'll stay in the gun and I can clean around it.

Anything I need to beware of, or any quirks I'll face putting it back together? I've searched online but not found details on Riffe trigger tear-down, so any help here appreciated.

Thanks.
waterstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
SJspearo

Re: Riffe Euro trigger disassembly help

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterstone View Post
I have a Riffe Euro trigger that's acting a little goofy and I want to remove the trigger unit from the gun to clean it well, be sure there's no bit of sand or whatever gummed up in there.

I've already removed the handle, and now it looks like I just need to remove the 2 screws sideways through the stock -- then the trigger unit will lift out... Correct?

Is there anything I should know about that will spring loose on me? I'm pretty sure I can leave the line release alone. It'll stay in the gun and I can clean around it.

Anything I need to beware of, or any quirks I'll face putting it back together? I've searched online but not found details on Riffe trigger tear-down, so any help here appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you try calling Riffe directly? They have excellent customer service and I'm sure they'd be able to help you out.
SJspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
manoa matt

You have to remove the line release to pull the mech out of the stock. However with the handle off, can you see up into the mechanism? If so, there would be no need to remove it.

A few possible culprits, sand, broken bias spring, rubber silencer fell down into mech, or excessive wear.
manoa matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:56 PM   #4
waterstone

Thanks Matt. I got impatient and tried to remove the trigger group, but with the line release still in place it won't budge -- like you just said.

I have taken apart plenty of old shotgun and rifle trigger-groups. There are always schematics or tear-down instructions (Radovich!) available, even for the old guns.

But nothing for Riffe? I know enough to not disassemble the small bits if I don't know what I'm doing: the guy who takes apart an engine without a manual has a fool for a mechanic. That sort of thinking keeps this thread alive

So if I decide I want to remove the line-release -- does it come apart and then go back together like just no big deal....? Because it looks kinda squirrelly from the outside.
waterstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:24 AM   #5
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterstone View Post
Thanks Matt. I got impatient and tried to remove the trigger group, but with the line release still in place it won't budge -- like you just said.

I have taken apart plenty of old shotgun and rifle trigger-groups. There are always schematics or tear-down instructions (Radovich!) available, even for the old guns.

But nothing for Riffe? I know enough to not disassemble the small bits if I don't know what I'm doing: the guy who takes apart an engine without a manual has a fool for a mechanic. That sort of thinking keeps this thread alive

So if I decide I want to remove the line-release -- does it come apart and then go back together like just no big deal....? Because it looks kinda squirrelly from the outside.
It's supper ez , the actual trigger cassette is riveted together so there is no way you can mess it up . There are 2 plastic spacers that keep you from smashing the housing together but as long as you take it apart on a clean table it won't be a problem .

The spring for the line release is epoxied in place so there is really no way to screw up unless you are really creative and like to force things with a hammer .

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote