Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Old 09-16-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
Yamta

Packery/Corpus Kayak diving this weekend (21st) anyone?

Hey guys,

A couple friends of mine (Level II certified) and I are going to hit the Packery jetties, and the standpipe off Bob Hall Pier this weekend (21st) with some kayaks.

Anyone interested in ganging up with us? We're diving around 30-60ft these days so we're not experts yet but getting there slowly.

Weather report question, if it rains significantly in Corpus several days before Saturday, should we still go or will the vis be complete shite by then?

Also any further reccs on structures or other shore-dive locations we can hit via our kayaks would be great. We usually hit Lake Travis and SPI if we're hitting the gulf so we don't really know the Corpus area that well. I'm not super keen on paddling 5 miles out but if you guys know of anything closer in-shore or more reasonable we're totally game.

Also do you guys know of any chumming techniques that we should employ? Just looking to make the most out of this trip!
Yamta is offline   Reply With Quote