Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
brianmh13

Re: Los Osos/Morro Bay newbie inquiry into a gun

Hi Prevail I am stoked to see another diver near me. I'm in SLO and would love to go spearing. Cpoly took me up to Big Sur, it was great! You should go with him he's spearfished I think he was saying like 3 years. If you would like to go with me I'm pretty new to spearing as well but have dove some pretty good spots. I'll PM you about going sometime. As far as guns if you have yet to buy one http://www.imersion.us Have some nice looking guns at good prices. The Concept T4 looks like a good gun. It has two bands so you can load one band if you are just shooting up close or in rocks and load the second band if your more in open water. It's probably a gun you could grow with. It also comes with a reel witch I haven't seen a reel included on a gun for that price. I bet the reel would be good for Halibut or Sea Bass!
I'm looking at getting a Seac Sting. Its a $60.00 gun that looks pretty decent. For what your interested in spending you should probably get something around 100-200. That's just my 2cents.

Last edited by brianmh13; 08-27-2011 at 08:17 PM.
brianmh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
JRT
Teach a man to fish...

Mako spearguns are great. I bough a 120cm for socal diving and looking into a 60-70cm one for dirtier days. They are cheaper than most other rail guns, powerful, and accurate. Also, if you have any problems Dano will do every thing he can to fix it.
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
maidendeth13
SLO Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Kwok View Post
Whoa, a 40cm midhandle is pretty small . I'm guessing you meant 40"
Correct. Thank you.

My Gun Build
maidendeth13 is offline   Reply With Quote