Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #46
Drane

Re: Shark City

thanks, S Eagle, actually good to know about these issues.
Drane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #47
Baccala

After having my buddy who sets up NFA Trust's research this his first approach was since I didn't have to fill out a BATF form 4473 and there is no serial number on it then it is legal, but over the weekend he dove deeper into it and it needs to permintly fixed to a spear, so a weld or maybe lock tight would work but yes it is a grey area and you would need one pissed off ATF agent to really make it stink. Another buddy who I talked to is ATF said unless I am David Koresh or smuggling arms out of Puerto Rico don't worry about it.

Now this thread needs to go to the abyss as I know for a fact that NOAA and FWC monitor all of these sites just looking for info against us. We don't need to give them any more ammo than they already have and it looks like we all got an education on PPD's. So as far as I'm concerned Screamineagle is still a jerk off but definitely enlightened us on the laws and that would should be careful. In a way a lot of good came out of this thread.

Oh and buy a Shark Shield
Baccala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #48
tb_buc

Saw this:
Amanda Wilson, the General Manager of Shark Shield will be the guest speaker at the Aquatic Obsessions club meeting this upcoming Tuesday, Aug. 12. Meeting starts at 7:30pm and we meet in the front meeting bar at Fergs Sportsbar.
tb_buc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #49
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccala View Post
...Now this thread needs to go to the abyss as I know for a fact that NOAA and FWC monitor all of these sites just looking for info against us....
You can edit your posts if you wish to remove non-incriminating evidence.
Tyson Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #50
Baccala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Brown View Post
You can edit your posts if you wish to remove non-incriminating evidence.

Naa a lot of people have these PH now they know and can choose to do with them what they please. I chose to weld mine to a spear this weekend. Worked just fine. Like I said a lot if good info here.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #51
screamineagle

Quote:
After having my buddy who sets up NFA Trust's research this his first approach was since I didn't have to fill out a BATF form 4473 and there is no serial number on it then it is legal, but over the weekend he dove deeper into it and it needs to permintly fixed to a spear, so a weld or maybe lock tight would work but yes it is a grey area and you would need one pissed off ATF agent to really make it stink. Another buddy who I talked to is ATF said unless I am David Koresh or smuggling arms out of Puerto Rico don't worry about it.

Now this thread needs to go to the abyss as I know for a fact that NOAA and FWC monitor all of these sites just looking for info against us. We don't need to give them any more ammo than they already have and it looks like we all got an education on PPD's. So as far as I'm concerned Screamineagle is still a jerk off but definitely enlightened us on the laws and that would should be careful. In a way a lot of good came out of this thread.

Oh and buy a Shark Shield
Sometimes i'm sure I can be a jerk off and maybe your a douche sack but i'm willing to get past this if you are. Hell, you may not be all bad. We have room on the Playin Hooky for (2) more shooters on Sun. the 17th. I see your in Ft. Myers. If your interested shoot me a P.M. and i'll send you a number. We had a decent trip today with a nice mixed bag of gags, hoggies, mangos and a couple reds. Slick as glass both ways and nice vis. Its kinda hit and miss with this guy. The trip before we limited on about everything in three tanks. LMK.
screamineagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #52
Baccala

One thing I learned is you have to have thick skin to play on certain forums name calling actually makes me laugh while getting a point across. I would take you up on your offer for Sunday but I promised my family a trip offshore and also a few dives with my son's. I'll be in close 60' or less the vis in 45' on Sunday on our way in was great we stopped at a wreck off Sanibel just to shot some snappers and look for a permit or cobe. Glad to hear you had a decent trip but the only Playin Hooky boat I know was by Capt. Joe Verdino who pretty much got run out of the area is this a different one? Here are some pics of a recreational trip we did on sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	big lobster.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	209374   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-10-14.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	209375  
Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #53
grey2112

Damn, Baccala and Eagle - do I hear wedding bells in the future?
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #54
Baccala

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey2112 View Post
Damn, Baccala and Eagle - do I hear wedding bells in the future?
Haha like I said you cannot take this crap personal and I never do unless someone starts threating to show up at my house or crap like that but in that case I would be more scared of my dog , wife and boys who would have no problem taking down a threat. Plus SE is fine in my book as a card carrying republican which I knew he was but threw the Obama quote at him to rile him up. Let me tell you we have a good time on our way out to the diving grounds too, just so you know not a flying fish was hurt in this video, I can honestly say I don't think we ever hit one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftNl7NCfQk

Last edited by Baccala; 08-12-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #55
tb_buc

In case you weren't aware, every video you have uploaded is being played back to back. Congrats to your son though!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #56
Baccala

Oops any of the hog hunting ones in there?

Fixed it
Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #57
tb_buc

Yup.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #58
screamineagle

Quote:
One thing I learned is you have to have thick skin to play on certain forums name calling actually makes me laugh while getting a point across. I would take you up on your offer for Sunday but I promised my family a trip offshore and also a few dives with my son's. I'll be in close 60' or less the vis in 45' on Sunday on our way in was great we stopped at a wreck off Sanibel just to shot some snappers and look for a permit or cobe. Glad to hear you had a decent trip but the only Playin Hooky boat I know was by Capt. Joe Verdino who pretty much got run out of the area is this a different one? Here are some pics of a recreational trip we did on sunday.
Captain Ramsey is on the Playin Hooky now. Funny that you mention that because after we got back yesterday I was waiting on the fish to be cleaned (sitting at the bar enjoying a cool adult beverage) and over heard some guys talking about the boat and some not so great things about the guy that use to run it. Nice lobster.... Were you with Doug P. on Sun.???
screamineagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #59
Baccala

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
Captain Ramsey is on the Playin Hooky now. Funny that you mention that because after we got back yesterday I was waiting on the fish to be cleaned (sitting at the bar enjoying a cool adult beverage) and over heard some guys talking about the boat and some not so great things about the guy that use to run it. Nice lobster.... Were you with Doug P. on Sun.???
Your Doug's buddies that are in town?

Yes I was with Doug been friends with him for years he told me he was supposed to go diving with Ramsey the next day and when we got in on Sunday he said he was whooped plus he just drove back that morning from Georgia and he said there was no way he was going to make your trip. Well when you talk to him you will know all about me, here he is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doug.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	209387   Click image for larger version

Name:	doug black.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	209388  
Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #60
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

If this thread hijack keeps rolling, you two are going to discover that you are long-lost brothers - conjoined twins that were separated at birth!
Tyson Brown is offline   Reply With Quote