Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 09-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
Spearooo

Freediving the hatch on the JRII

Im making this post to get a feel for how many of my fellow spearboard members migth want to get on a freediving trip to the Rock piles off the now world famous Hatch... The thought would be to go with Experienced Freedivers w/depths btwn 40-80 fsw. Having dove this are before I can say that if you can get 15 seconds of BT in 60 youll be able to limit out in a half day. It will be strict buddy diving. 1 up/ 1 down at times, Large fish and big structure make it, not a begginer enviroment. The weekend before christmas is available, id love nothing more than to have Gag and Hog for Christmas dinner. Im on a deep diving kick lately so id like to stay off the gas to see what kind of BTs ill get on the rock piles and find out what kind of carnge I can inflict If I make it a point to focus on form. Who ever is interested sing on here... This will make a nice place for everyone to check in if something does become concrete. Who ever is interested and hasn't doesn't know about the JRII, I advise you do a search on Jolly Rogers II. or check www.JollyRogersII.com. THis boat is awsome, Its like diving the Shangrila of spearfishermen on a rock solid, smooth as silk running, Comedy Club with 5 star Dinning included... Belive me, as a former boat owner I can say, spending the money on a charter is worth every penny..... What better gift to oneself three days of hard core killing
PM me or post here, if interested.....
Old 09-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
deepdown

Sounds like a plan... can you give me some exact dates and prices?

G
Old 09-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
Spearooo

christmas

The weekend of Dec 17. The price depends on how many guys we sign up. It should be around $400.. Since it an inshore trip well get lots of diving in on Friday also. Compared to a trip put together by us, its a 5 star experience.. Bunks, hot water, bustello, dont get me started...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:14 AM   #4
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

The fish are thick during that time off the Hatch and the water temp should still be in the high 60's to low 70's. Perfect time of year for a trip like that.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:35 AM   #5
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

Freediving the 'Hatch on the Lickety Split

You have to sell a lot of freaking houses to pay $400 for a freediving trip. I can trailer my boat up there for the price of gas and do it for a whole lot cheaper. I will look into finding #'s. We went there when I was a kid, but I think all I have is TD's for the area. I'd love to do it, though.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:00 PM   #6
Spearooo

the JR2

Not really. Ill gladly pay it. Having done trips on my own before, I know it ain't easy making it happen. If I were to do it on my own realistically It would cost me at least $100 bucks a day since ill be far from home and something always comes up, id have to come back to the dock every nigth in most scenarios and ill risk diving crappy bottom. Nigth fishing after a hot meal and listenning to the captain and mate bicker is comedy to say the least. The JR II is a big boat and its runs smooth as silk. The though of diving the rock piles for 3 days, makes me want to hit the gym.... The advantadge of not having to do any of the prep, or any work on the boat or after makes it the nicest most relaxed diving you can *expect ( fish obviosly don't jump in the boat). when its all done I feed all my relatives with Gags and Hogs. and forget about the boat till next trip..
Ill do other trips also but the JRII is worth every penny.... come on guys.... any one else interested.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #7
Spearo_Fla
Freediving Trainer

Tell me more about where we are going? You know I can hang! How will viz. be? What is our limit? etc...

John Bettua
Nationals Competitor- 1999, 2001, 2006
Email Me @betjoh58@gmail.com
Spearo_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
Speargun
Sheepdog

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearo_Fla
....How will viz. be? What is our limit? etc...
The last time I dove the Hatch, I stood on the deck & watched a diver shoot, & string a fish 90' below. Your milage may vary

I think all of the ovenight JRII trips have double rec limits.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #9
Spearooo

JR

Well have a two day rec limit. The gags get so thick, they school like jacks. I think we should try to stay near the 40-60 depths unless we get some great viz, structure varies but unless it has fish we don't dive it for long so it could be anything. . If the weather holds we migth very well be limited out by noon on sat. Spearofla if your interested, its still open.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:59 PM   #10
datamunk

Send a message via AIM to datamunk
i would love to go, but im not even a beginner yet! maybe by then i can get my shit together and know what to do!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:07 PM   #11
kill shot
PELAGIC POKER!!!!

Sounds to me like the boat is booked for the weekend of the 17th already. Will have to make plans for another trip on another date.