Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 06-29-2022, 12:43 PM   #1
C.Keating
Registered Cynic

Hollywood beach

Hey all, I知 gonna be down in Lauderdale for the holiday weekend. I知 bringing my freedive gear from when I was In SoCal. Guessing my 5mm suit is too thick. Can I get away with a rash guard and trunks? How much lead will I need ive never dove in just trunks. Bringing my 90cm sea sniper. I値l need new bands . Can anyone recommend a shop that値l tie me bands in the spot. Where should I get my license and are live in season. Any advice will be great. I知 there sat to tues and hope to get wet every day.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-29-2022, 03:10 PM   #2
C.Keating
Registered Cynic

Re: Hollywood beach

Most of this stuff checked off for the 42 people that viewed it and didn’t reSpond but thank you
Old 07-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #3
GatorNative

Lol. Wish I’d seen your post sooner. I have local knowledge of the area. But, the dive shop infrastructure is kinda fluid.
Similar predicament when I’m in S FL for only two weeks a year. Most are keeping their powder dry til mini-season, so it’s a challenging time of year. Hope you had a good time.
Any spear-friendly charter or gas-share advice welcome, here! Always generou$!
GatorNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #4
sacha58

As a shop and freediving/spearfishing instructor/expert, the nearest is probably Oliver Haroun https://driftfreediving.com in Pompano beach. otherwise Austin in Miami or Florida freedivers in P B Gardens. There might be chances diving from shore , but going out with a boat is the usual way, in the area and never dive alone ;-) SWB and toothy critters are looking for lonely divers. In summer rashguard and shorts are ok, weight depends on how your floating coefficient is.

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote