Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
jfjf

Rat Dog and Weirdos

https://youtu.be/oC8tOpUbQxI

Finally some decent weather 1-16-2020
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:53 AM   #2
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Rat Dog and Weirdos

Rat dog and weirdos sound like good company. Nice vid. I liked the grunt of dismay when that lobster took off again.
Just my opinion, but that net appears to be rather menacing to lobsters. They appear to notice and become apprehensive about the menacing big black shade approaching them as you try to slowly get it behind them. In my experience, they don't do that with finer filament more translucent nets.
I've noticed you grabbing the lobster instead of netting it. That implies that they're more focused on the net than you. It's like the net is being used as the distraction. It should be the opposite, IMO. Anyhow, nice vid.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
Sea_Bass

Haha great video, thanks for sharing. That was a fun trip. Jfjf brought back the most lobster on each dive - as he usually does. I watch him u/w and I think his net is the last resort instead of the first attack. A finer net mesh might work better. I use one like that as my lobster bag (fabrill net).
Sea_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
jfjf

Yeah a more delicate net might work better, but how long would it last - considering my propensity to break stuff? Maybe if I find some new netting, I will make a new one.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #5
diverik
The Duck-footed Destroyer

You always know what to say to make everything better Jim
Old 01-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #6
CuzzA

I found this net some time ago. Seems like it would be jfjf proof and more effective being translucent.

https://www.handypaknetco.com/produc...ghost-l-series
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote