Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
Pankrationist

Hybrid roller

A mate bought a roller pipe gun and a couple of timber pipe guns. After some use he decided he did not love the pipe roller. He wanted to try a roller with a paint job to match his fins.

This is what we came up with:

It is 1.2m from the pipe to the trigger and 1.3m from the center of the roller to the sear.

The colours are to match (well loosely) to his Coral Trout fins. The centre of the blue dots is over layed with colour shift paint that looks nuts in the sunlight.

It was not going to be a rear plus but after some photos were sent to him through the build he decided to keep the butt for the time being. We can cut it down and install an loading pad later if he changes his mind.

He is a very keen spearo and this will add to his collection of 6 or more rollers.
Pankrationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
AaronC
Sponsor

Re: Hybrid roller

Awesome!

I made a roller hybrid a year ago as well... it is awesome! Getting the rubber to the perfect length was difficult, but after that was figured out it shoots great.

F.I.I Certified Freedive Level 1 Instructor offering courses in the Tampa Bay area. Private courses also available upon request.
AaronC is offline   Reply With Quote