Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 05-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
Krosys1

****peace boat tonight/friday morning***

Hey all,

I have a friend that is trying to fill his spot tonight, he is sick and can't dive. the boat leaves friday morning but will start boarding people tonight at 8pm. he wants to give his ticket for half price (75.00). the boat is heading out to santa rosa island and will return between 5pm/7pm friday night.

First one to PM me gets it and i'll coordinate the spot with you.

Thank you! -Chris
Krosys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
Krosys1

Re: ****peace boat tonight/friday morning***

Filled*
Old 06-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
Lompoc Local
Errin

Howd you guys do?

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
Krosys1

Not good at all. No one saw or heard anything. The conditions seemed right to find them but nobody was home. We didn't go to Santa Rosa Island but instead went to the backside Santa Cruz to a primarily (in my opinion) over fished spot. At least everytime i've hit that spot it's been a ghost town. We stayed in that spot ALL day. The crew is always great but I do question why we even bothered going to that in the first place, or at least get away from that spot after not seeing anything. Well, one guy claimed to get a shot off but didn't land it. i think after hearing that they felt that was better to just stay, don't leave fish to find fish attitude... All the hook and line guys made it out to Rosa sooo That's fishing I guess. Hopefully the guys that go out next week have better luck!
Old 06-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
Lompoc Local
Errin

Don't feel too bad it's been a really tough year so far you're not the only one getting skunked. I've been putting in some time and still haven't seen a fish yet where as in a normal year I'd have several slugs on deck by now.

Also, you're not the only one to question their reasoning it's unfortunate Captain George left us high and dry!

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #6
Krosys1

It's all good. i love the boat, got a few of my first fish thanks to them. Just REALLY butt hurt if you couldn't tell LOL. I still plan on going again. i'd love to do a multi-day one of these times.

Left high and dry? like didn't make it on the boat in time?
Old 06-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #7
Peace Dive Boat

Hi Chris,
This is Eric the owner of the Peace.
I was on vacation last week during that trip but after speaking with Captain Steven I would of made the same decision on destination. I understand it is frustrating when a boat/captain makes a call where to go and it does not work out. What you have to remember is we usually try to base our destination choice on the latest water temps and current dive/fishing reports. Historically the areas we dove last Friday are the best areas to get sea bass in late spring and we have done quite well there in past seasons. But this year we also have to factor in the size or lack of kelp beds that have significantly shrunk or disappeared from or usual dive areas. As of our last visit to the back side of Santa Rosa these kelp beds were to small or just plain non existent to put a group of divers on. Remember most of the sport fishing boats fish sea bass offshore a bit and not in the beds. So the fishing boats can completely hammer them one day and we do not see a thing or vice versa. Basically what I am saying is mother nature has made it very challenging this spring to find areas we can put a group of divers so we have just a few options. I am glad otherwise you had a good day and we hope to see you again soon.

This next part has nothing to do with Chris:

As far as Lompoc Local goes he is full of negativity and just plain rude at times to us and others on this board. For those of you that have met me you probably have realized I am a pretty mellow, patient and level headed person and try not to let things get me riled up. I have been the owner/operator of the Peace for 25 years now and have not asked many people not to come back on our boat. But I am asking that he does not return on any of our trips again. Sorry but enough is enough.
Peace Dive Boat is offline   Reply With Quote