Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #16
Beyond

Re: Speargun to Bali through Singapore

Hello Everyone,

I am very glad I found this thread as I am going to be in Bali for two weeks from June 28th through July 11th. I was planning on buying a gun and bringing it, but since I am flying from Singapore to Bali, I don't think it is worth the risk.

I have a few questions though so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do I need a fishing license to fish in Bali? The obvious answer would seem to be 'yes,' but I have not found any info as to how to obtain a fishing license.

2. Can I rent spearguns while in Bali? Like I said, I was originally going to buy one and bring it, but, since the second leg of my trip will be to Borocay (where spearfishing is not allowed) I will only be able to spearfish in Bali.

3. Does anyone have good information on places to stay close to the water and close to good spearfishing spots? I have already reserved stays at 2 different hostels in Ubud (Nick's Homestay and The Island Hotel) but I notice from maps that Ubud isn't exactly right on the water.

I am beyond ecstatic for this trip and appreciate all and any help I get from this forum.

Take care.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Flozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
You cannot travel through Singapore with spearguns. Had a friend get pulled off an airplane and almost go to jail.
Hi, I'm new to spearfishing so was worried about bringing all the equipment through Singapore (giong to Bali). I've been emailing Singaporean customs and they're fine with you bringing spearguns through so long as it's all safe and they're in a separate, hard, sealed container - I'm planning on using a length of UVC piping sealed with Gaffa tape

I'll put their email on, has anyone been through Singapore or Indonesia with spearguns lately though. Can't get ahold of Indonesian customs.

Kindly make the necessary arrangement with the airlines to have you speargun transferred from the arrival to the departure aircrafts. This office have no objection to the transiting of the speargun. No licence will be required. However, should there be a need for the speargun to be brought out of the airport restricted area, it will be construed as importation. In such circumstances, import and export licences will be imposed.

Regards

Azman MOHD TUP (Mr)

and...

Since you are only transiting in Singapore, there isn’t a requirement for import and export licences. However, you are required to make the arrangement with the airline to facilitate the transfer of the speargun from one aircraft to another. If there is a need to exit the airport, with the speargun, licences will be applicable.

Regards

Azman MOHD TUP (Mr)

Hope this helps.

Oh and if you're flying with Singapore Airlines they're sod all help regarding the matter
Flozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #18
Behslayer

No worries coming into Indonesia.. though it's always a good idea to keep some 1O's and 2O's handy.. just sayin..
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
schwaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flozza View Post
Hi, I'm new to spearfishing so was worried about bringing all the equipment through Singapore (giong to Bali). I've been emailing Singaporean customs and they're fine with you bringing spearguns through so long as it's all safe and they're in a separate, hard, sealed container - I'm planning on using a length of UVC piping sealed with Gaffa tape

I'll put their email on, has anyone been through Singapore or Indonesia with spearguns lately though. Can't get ahold of Indonesian customs.

Kindly make the necessary arrangement with the airlines to have you speargun transferred from the arrival to the departure aircrafts. This office have no objection to the transiting of the speargun. No licence will be required. However, should there be a need for the speargun to be brought out of the airport restricted area, it will be construed as importation. In such circumstances, import and export licences will be imposed.

Regards

Azman MOHD TUP (Mr)

and...

Since you are only transiting in Singapore, there isn’t a requirement for import and export licences. However, you are required to make the arrangement with the airline to facilitate the transfer of the speargun from one aircraft to another. If there is a need to exit the airport, with the speargun, licences will be applicable.

Regards

Azman MOHD TUP (Mr)

Hope this helps.

Oh and if you're flying with Singapore Airlines they're sod all help regarding the matter
Good tips, I didn t follow them and got busted this year.
Went through major hassle and had to report at the security and answer to at least 15 officials of increasing rank.
In the end they agreed to let me take the speargun although it arrived 2 days late in bali.
They told me to avoid the hassle i should ve declared it.
schwaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #20
doggiestyle

I have just come back from Indo to NZ and had to come back through Singapore,stopping there for 2 hours,and no issues at all with guns while in transit.
Never had problems bringing guns into Bali or leaving over the past 12 trips there.
doggiestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #21
schwaman

If your bags are checked through its fine but if you have to switch airlines it gets dangerous as you have to immigrate.
schwaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Riptide
Straight Blastin em

Sounds awesome! Just sent you an email behslayer. Hope to see you this winter.

"If you're gonna go swimming you're gonna have to get wet"

www.sangleefarms.com
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #23
bluebacore

went through Singapore 2 months ago with 140 speargun. I had to stay over night to get my visa for Indo. I left my speargun with the airline lost and found baggage I was flying to Indo with after talking to customs. They did not take my baggage claim ticket and told me to come back the day of my flight check in with the customs people who let me go to the lost and found baggae people who I showed the claim ticket to and my flight info. The Airlines lost and found rep took my gun and had it put on the plain. I retrieved it upon arrival in Jakarta. I you make the customs people aware of you are only transitting you should be ok if you leave your gun with the airlines. Might be a good idea to have your flight to Indo already prearranged.
bluebacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:50 PM   #24
vamforce

Thinking about moving to S'pore for few months or may be longer and doing short side trips to Indo with spearogears. Can anyone please share his experience getting the temporary license for the speargun? Do you keep you spears at the airport secure compound or police custody or at home? The former shall be expensive. Are there restrictions on bringing double-blade stiletto type spear/dive knifes into S'pore?
Or less hustle to start your trip through Bali and keep all the gears with someone reliable? Thanks in advance for suggestions and shared experiences.
vamforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #25
alejqandrocosmo
Alejandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamforce View Post
Thinking about moving to S'pore for few months or may be longer and doing short side trips to Indo with spearogears. Can anyone please share his experience getting the temporary license for the speargun? Do you keep you spears at the airport secure compound or police custody or at home? The former shall be expensive. Are there restrictions on bringing double-blade stiletto type spear/dive knifes into S'pore?
Or less hustle to start your trip through Bali and keep all the gears with someone reliable? Thanks in advance for suggestions and shared experiences.
This past May, I traveled to Singapore from the US. From Singapore, I flew to other countries including indo. Since I was advised by many members of the board, I did not take my spearguns since I would have had to leave them at the airport in singapore and also I was told that Bali's regulations on spearguns are not so clear. I just used the guns from the spearing company that i chartered with. I did however take all the rest of my dive gear including knives. Both my knives are double blade stilleto type. (mako and salvimar st). They did inspect my bag at the singapore airport the two times that i flew in and they made me take out the knives for inspection. Both times, I took them out of the sheath and told them it was for diving. They gave them back to me with no problem and I got them through.
alejqandrocosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:47 AM   #26
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Any news on this fellas?
I might have to fly to Greece via Sing but would like to bring a gun with me...
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote