Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 02:15 AM   #16
spearq8

Re: Pathos 130 Laser Carbon testing

I think you should first change out the sears with the Ermes kit, the difference is dramatic. With a 7mm @ 160cm shaft and Mori slip tip your actual shaft length after putting on the slip tip is probably closer to 180cm ... and with a 7mm shaft that thing will whip very quickly. With a slip tip, shaft stability is even more important than with a flopper as it can dislodge the slip tip in flight and as you can imagine that is not good. I would recommend at least a 7.5mm shaft, and always have a slip tip with spectra and slide ring guide facing up. Load one band and then pull the spectra and put it under the band and slowly load the second band ... this will pull the tip tight on the shaft and keep it in place as you swim around ... when you do fire, inertia should keep the shaft properly in place.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:55 AM   #17
Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing82 View Post
Did some pool testing with my Pathos 130 today @ 13-15'.

7mm 160cm Mori slip tip
2x14mm small ID at 340ish% (30.5")

Found it odd that shots were consistently low', about 8-12"- anybody have idea why this is? I didn't think overpowering the 7mm would make shots low... It may be that the slip tip not completely straight, as it has a slight wobble when I rotate the tip on shaft. I am planning on setting the gun up the way Spearq8 has. I have a RA 7.5mm shaft but it doesn't have a rest tab and I'm not sure I can load it... haha Going to rig it up and give it a shot tomorrow.
Single wrap with a reel? How does it shoot at less than 8ft? I'm curious to know if there is a small effect underwater similar to bullet drop..pics would be good.

I haven't had the chance to tweak my 110 setup in the pool yet but am always curious of how others are running their pipe guns.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #18
Gonefishing82

Spearq8- what difference do the Sears upgrade make? Trigger pull seems ok but i have never shot one w upgraded sears.. I'll try shooting it w slide ring facing up and see if that makes a difference. But I know that it is the 7mm shaft that's causing it shoot low, although I don't know why it's low- thought it might high or off to side if anything...

Ren- double wrap w a reel. Didn't take any shots at 8' so I couldn't tell you.
But I did recently convert my Pathos 90 w a Mantis roller and it shoots amazing at 15'

Last edited by Gonefishing82; 12-25-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Gonefishing82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #19
Cyprus_Spearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Petros

It is the slip tip that is throwing your shot off. I tested last night a 120 Pathos and it was super accurate and consistent at 20 feet.

http://www.spearamerica.com
https://www.instagram.com/spearamerica

2950 Airway Ave
SuiteA7
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(949) 536-5336
spearamerica@gmail.com

Fulfilling my passion!!
Cyprus_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #20
biglimit

Resurrecting an old topic. What was the wishbone length for the optimal range for the 130 with the ermes upgrade?

Thank you!
biglimit is offline   Reply With Quote