Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Spearforfun

Wong for the WA

Due to complications with Payment processing vendor, I had to re-start the thread. Apparently, the payment processing vendor does not like raffles. I have been working with the WA folks to keep the Payment processing account up and running but some have reported issues making their donations. For those who were having trouble, I am extending the deadline by two days to Tuesday at midnight. That is the latest I can extend it because I need to assign ticket numbers for everyone and that takes time. Sorry for the confusion for anybody who had trouble. Thanks for the donations and good luck with the Wong!

The title says it all..... We are raffling off a Daryl Wong 55" hybrid (pictured below) at the annual San Diego Freedivers Blue Water Meet. This has only been made possible through the amazing generosity of Daryl Wong in donating an incredible gun for this cause. Donations to the Watermen's Alliance via payment processing between now and 11:59pm on August 16, 2011 will buy you raffle tickets for this wonderful gun (continue reading for rules and info).

This year, we have made several changes and improvements to the BWM. Our annual raffle will benefit the Watermen's Alliance for the MLPA lawsuit. In order to get maximum benefit for the MLPA fight which is so dear to us all, 100% of the donations will go directly to the Watermen's Alliance. This is not net of costs or above a certain amount. 100% of the money generated by the raffle is going to the fight. There are many wonderful raffle items from a large list of sponsors. For those items, you must be present to buy tickets and win.

However, for the Wong Hybrid, we are allowing donations to the Watermen's Alliance paid through the WA payment processing account between now and August 16, 2011 at 11:59pm to purchase raffle tickets for this item. Now is your chance to donate to an important cause and possibly win this amazing gun. Information on donations: http://www.watermensalliance.com/donate.html
Donations can be made via a common payment processing service (PM me if you are confused) to Calif.water.alliance@gmail.com

With your donation, put in the notes, "for the wong hybrid" or mention the wong and the information will be forwarded to me for inclusion in the raffle. If you do not note the "wong" in the notes, your donation will not be eligible for the raffle and the information will not get to me. Please do NOT mention "raffle" in the notes or the donation will be rejected by payment processing service(edit from original post). I will email you in the week leading up to the raffle on August 20, 2011 to confirm your donation and notify you of your ticket numbers. I will place your tickets in the raffle for the Wong Hybrid. If you win, I will notify you on August 21, 2011 and arrange for either local pickup or shipping. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING COSTS.

Cost of raffle tickets is as follows:

$1 per individual ticket.
$10 will purchase 12 tickets.
$20 will purchase 25 tickets.

Whichever ticket is drawn on the day of the event is the winner. I will video this portion of the raffle and post on youtube with a link in this thread for everyone to view and so there are no questions.

Please note that this is not an "online only" raffle and persons present on August 20, 2011 at the SDF Blue Water Meet will also be able to purchase raffle tickets for the gun. The cost for raffle tickets will be identical whether you show up to the Meet or donate online. If you prefer to wait and show up to the event, your donations will end up in the same place and you will not have any better chance of winning.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. This is the first time we are doing this and we are asking for the money to be donated directly to the WA so you know where the money is going.

Last edited by Spearforfun; 08-15-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Spearforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Logan

Re: Wong for the WA

I am receiving the following error through Paypal:

"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

I tried to send money both as a purchase of goods and as a gift with the same result.

Last edited by Logan; 08-15-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Add more info.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I am receiving the following error through Paypal:

I tried to send money both as a purchase of goods and as a gift with the same result.
I have been speaking with <P A Y P A L> about this issue. We worked out a compromise; They give us until August 13th to delete the thread, If we don't they will lock the WA account. Its after August 13h and the thread is still up so they locked the WA account. We will delete this thread in a few hours and get the account released.

IM me if you could not by raffle tickets due to <P A Y P A L> issues. I will work it out with you.

This Raffle has been very productive, but is has been a learning experience.
headshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Spearforfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I am receiving the following error through Payment processing service:

The payment processing service should release the account in a few hours.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
Logan

Thanks, I'll try again this evening.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
g00nz

Awesome, I'll be donating. Donations over 40 get a shirt also?
g00nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Spearforfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00nz View Post
Awesome, I'll be donating. Donations over 40 get a shirt also?
I am not sure about that..... I don't know if they have any shirts left.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
headshot

We are out of shirts.
headshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Bear Down
FÖKAI Fo Lyfe

Nice. I'll try again tonight.
Bear Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
Logan

Still can't donate as of 9:30 tonight.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
Spearforfun

Paypal account is back up and operating I am told. Last day for donations so get them in! Good luck to everybody!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Bear Down
FÖKAI Fo Lyfe

Donated!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
Logan

Done, thanks.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
elcaptainq

tonight til midnight? unfortuntly I don't think ill be home until 1130 so I'm assuming it is until midnight. correct me if I am wrong though.
elcaptainq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
Bear Down
FÖKAI Fo Lyfe

Tonight at midnight is my understanding.