Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 The Blue Wild Expo - February 22-23, 2014

2014 The Blue Wild Expo - February 22-23, 2014 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
gravity storm

Thank you to The Blue Wild and Sheri

This was my first Blue Wild event and must say that it was AWESOME. Kudos to Sheri, the guest speakers, the sponsors and anyone else that had part in putting it together. Was extremely impressed how Dr. Wong was patient in his workshops with everyone, the politeness of all the speakers and how Sheri, although she had to be exhausted, was willing to stop and speak ( and photo op) at anytime.
Hopefully in the organizers eyes this was an extremely successful event. Would truly hate to see this annual event stop.

One more shout out to Sheri and the special moment given to Art Pinder.......what a class act.

GS

Last edited by SpearMax; 02-24-2014 at 09:39 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
gravity storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Re: Thank you to The Blue Wild and Sheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity storm View Post
This was my first Blue Wild event and must say that it was AWESOME. Kudos to Sheri, the guest speakers, the sponsors and anyone else that had part in putting it together. Was extremely impressed how Dr. Wong was patient in his workshops with everyone, the politeness of all the speakers and how Sheri, although she had to be exhausted, was willing to stop and speak ( and photo op) at anytime.
Hopefully in the organizers eyes this was an extremely successful event. Would truly hate to see this annual event stop.

One more shout out to Sheri and the special moment given to Art Pinder.......what a class act.

GS
I could not agree more gravity storm. Sheri is an amazing ambassador for this sport.

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996

Last edited by SpearMax; 02-24-2014 at 10:31 AM.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
Wile E. Coyote

Well put GS!
When you start thinking of the work that must go into putting the BW on it gets mind boggling.
I hope the show continues every year as well; maybe it can be bumped up to 2x per year....well that might be optimistic.

PS. I also agree how nice everyone is. I took a course with Daryl & Sheri a few years ago... They were always in good humor & friendly...it was as if you knew them for years.
I met Dan MacMahon thru the BW...he was also extremely friendly; patiently showing and explaining spearfishing gear/techniques to everyone (I've also bothered Sheri & Daryl NUMEROUS times for spearfishing info as well, and they have always helped).
Dan even gave me measurements for his custom gun....router bits used...etc. so I could build ar eplica.
Good people at the BW.

Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 02-24-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
oceanplayerjm

This was also my first show, we drove down from Melbourne and stayed for both days, I must say what a Great event. You are an awesome family down there and you all received us with open arms. I've been to a bunch of offshore fishing events and there always seems to be a tension amongst everyone, but not once did I ever see that or feel that. I felt like everyone there shared the same passion and was actually excited to share their stories and even some of their secrets. The speakers were great, and the event was awesome, thank you to all those who worked so hard to put this great event on, I will be back next year for sure!!!!
oceanplayerjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
malibujohn

How about bringing Blue Wild out here to the west coast!! L.A. convention center would be perfect. We have to have at LEAST as many spearos out here than the east coast.
malibujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
kwtony
Snorkel Master

I had an awesome time there as well. I only went on sunday myself and drove up there with hogzilla. It was great to see all the guns and products in person. And meet fellow board members as well. Tony it was great to finally meet you

I was very excited to win the intermediate freedive class from PFI tho! 130 feet here i come!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #7
hogzilla

I agree KY Tony, Formerly KW Tony lol
hogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Yup, big shout out to sherri for butchering my SB screen name in front of everyone. We all had a good laugh, Hahaha.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
I agree KY Tony, Formerly KW Tony lol
Yeah, I heard that too. Funny

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #10
Mighty KC

It was great!

My first time attending. I got to speak with Rob Allen, and tell him how much I enjoy his spearguns. I met Herbert Nietsche, and got my picture with Manny!

But what I enjoyed the most was speaking with Bob Croft, and getting a signed copy of his book. It was like meeting a legend to me, and I will never forget it.

Keith
Mighty KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #11
Mighty KC

[quote=hogzilla;1925009]I agree KY Tony, Formerly KW Tony lol[/

Hahahaha!

Nice people at FORCE E, stopped by there on the way home and got a good deal on a Rob Allen shaft and 16mm bulk band material. Cant get that stuff at dive shops around here.

Keith
Mighty KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #12
SnapperLuke

This was my first time at the expo, and it couldn't have been better! We drove down 11 hrs from Alabama, but worth the drive. I got to chat with Martin Stepanick and meet Herbert Nietsche and met Manny! Also won a Hammerhead wetsuit in the raffle which was epic!! big props to everyone who put it on!!
SnapperLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
Ballenita

KY Tony lol Almost pissed my pants. That was epic! Glad to see a lot of new faces at the expo. The sport is growing strong.

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Yup, big shout out to sherri for butchering my SB screen name in front of everyone. We all had a good laugh, Hahaha.
KY Tony, I am so sorry!

I tried to move past that mistake real fast, but the crowd was brutal. They would not play along and pretend they didn't hear it.

It wasn't the first time I butcher a name, and it won't be the last. I was informed of another name butchering I did the previous year, and it became the poor guy's new nickname.

I'm apologizing in advance if they do the same to you.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #15
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
KY Tony, I am so sorry!

I tried to move past that mistake real fast, but the crowd was brutal. They would not play along and pretend they didn't hear it.

It wasn't the first time I butcher a name, and it won't be the last. I was informed of another name butchering I did the previous year, and it became the poor guy's new nickname.

I'm apologizing in advance if they do the same to you.
I can get Tony to change his screen name now.. It will only take a moment.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote