Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
DiveGal
Today's the day!

Rescue account setup for donations to Nikki's rescue

I spoke with Nikki's parents this morning and asked their permission to establish a rescue fund for Nikki at Wachovia Bank. They said that would be fine and greatly appreciated. Please be generous to help with the cost for finding her.

The account number is Wachovia 3000094935515

Checks are to be made out to:
Aquatic Concepts for the benefit of (or FBO) Robert and Patricia Brater

A shorter way to write it is:
Aquatic Concepts FBO R & P Brater

Robert and Patricia are Nikki's dad and mom.

You can also transfer $$$ from your personal account to the above account id if you have a Wachovia account.

They will take cash, checks, account transfers, Domestic and International wire transfers (see info below)

Wachovia just bought World Savings and some of their offices MAY be able to take donations. Call a specific branch and check with them first to assure their computer system has changed over to Wachovia.

I had to set it up through our business due to Homeland Security hence the Aquatic Concepts on the account. However, Nikki's parents are the beneficiaries and will receive ALL funds collected for distribution to those helping to find Nikki.

Please be generous. Without the CG's help, this can run into some bucks for Nikki's parents. I still have hope that they will find her floating and pissed as hell! Last night's rain would have given her some hydration.

For wire transfers use:
Domestic: Routing # 063000021 Account # 3000094935515
International: Swift # PNBPUS33 Account # 3000094935515
Note: The bank has an extra charge for wire transfers, but if that's the only way you can help, do it!

Thank you to everyone who is working the rescue effort.

Let's bring Nikki home soon. I want to read more of her wonderful posts.

Last edited by DiveGal; 09-29-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
ApneaSpearo
surfunc

Re: Rescue account setup for donations to Nikki's rescue

I would like to send a check immediately, where do I send it?

Videos available at https://www.youtube.com/user/ApneaSpearo/videos
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
DiveGal
Today's the day!

Any Wachovia will take your check for deposit to the account.

I opened the account at the following branch address:
Wachovia Bank
Attn: Joe Uttlinger
1970 West New Haven Ave.
Melbourne, Fl 32904

I just talked to Joe and he said that if deposits are being made by mail to send them to the above address. He will manage them personally.

OR - you can go to www.wachovia.com -> locations and pick any branch you want.

Make sure you include a note stating the check is for deposit to her account number: 3000094935515

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by DiveGal; 09-24-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
zenspearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveGal View Post
Any Wachovia will take your check for deposit to the account.

I opened the account at the following branch address:
Wachovia Bank
Attn: Joe Uttlinger
1970 West New Haven Ave.
Melbourne, Fl 32904

I just talked to Joe and he said that if deposits are being made by mail to send them to the above address. He will manage them personally.

OR - you can go to www.wachovia.com -> locations and pick any branch you want.

Make sure you include a note stating the check is for deposit to her account number: 3000094935515

Thanks for your help.
Awesome. I marked at the bottom "Nikki The Diver rescue funds"

Check sent with prayers. Fingers cross that the rescue will be successful and we'll have a tired but happy diver back with us soon.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Ms.Zeagle

I would like to hold a short auction to aid in the financial support of this search. If you can donate cash to the account please do so as that is the fastest way to help. I know many of us have businesses and I thought we could raise awareness & funds by donating items and spamming all our dive clubs, groups and boards with the auction details. If you would like to participate, please copy the following text and answer the questions in an email. Please forward onto friends & the local businesses that you support. If someone is already working on something like this, please let me know & I will be happy to help you in any way I can.

Auction For Nikki – Donations Needed!!!

This will be a one day auction with 100% of the profits donated to an account set up at Wachovia in her parent’s name. If you would like to donate directly to the fund, please do so as that is the fastest way to help. The account number is Wachovia 3000094935515 Checks are to be made out to: Aquatic Concepts for the benefit of (or FBO) Robert and Patricia Brater.

For those of you with goods or services to donate to this auction, please complete this form and attach a picture of the item if possible & email it back to me at ALakes@tampabay.rr.com ASAP. I plan to have items up within 24 hours. They will be searchable by entering 4NikkiC in the search field.

I will need to speak with each person donating to confirm details, so please include accurate contact info. Thank you in advance for your participation & support.

Item To Be Donated:

Retail Value Of Item:

Person/Co/Org Making Donation:

Name, Address, Email & Phone of Contact Person For Questions About Item:

How Will The Winner Claim Their Prize?

If There Will Be A Shipping Charge To Customer, Please Give Weight of Item Or Flat Rate For the 48 US. Actual Shipping Costs Please.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
DiveGal
Today's the day!

The bank account is slow moving. I checked it this morning and only the opening deposit has been posted. Deposits take time to post. Checks take time to clear. The postal service isn't instant.

To give immediate access for planes, use Gradyman's PayPal account: studiolens@aol.com
His account takes credit cards - the bank account doesn't.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
Chad Carney
Dive Instructor & Captain

Funds sent.

Chad
Located in Isles of Capri, FL
Charters for Spearfishing, Wrecks & Reefs in SW Florida
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
IRONHEAD
Member of the Pain Train

I agree the bank account is bottling up funds, due to our situation i don't think we have time for checks to be clearing unfortunately. these planes have to be paid for usually before or right after the flight, paypal is instant transfer and some of the places might take paypal. it is crazy how much they charge to fly a plane. seriously 500 an hour is average.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
EastShores

Was going to go to the bank at lunch, glad I saw the update. Funds sent to studiolens@aol.com
Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
DiveGal
Today's the day!

The bank account is a bucket for folks to make donations. Nikki's dad will be using the account to help cover the search effort costs. It is not guarenteed that everyone will be reimbursed for their out-of-pocket expenses. It all depends on how full the bucket gets.

I just got notice that a $150 deposit has been made. Thank you. That brings our total up to $350. There are more expenses besides the planes. If you're not sure where you should put your $$$, contact Gradyman and see if he needs more for the planes. If he doesn't, please use the bank the account so Bob and Pat will have some financial help for other areas of the effort.

I've had PM's about more coming in, but like I said earlier, the bank moves slow.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #11
Killentime
Fishnfeen

I have $1000 for the chartered planes, should they go to the bank account, gradyman, or fiz

Please advise
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #12
Gamble
NATIVE

I wold say Grady man or Fiz simply because it would be faster.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #13
bgbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killentime View Post
I have $1000 for the chartered planes, should they go to the bank account, gradyman, or fiz

Please advise
I know Pat is paying for the Plane we chartered yesterday out of his pocket, because I saw the receipt when he payed for it with his credit card.

I would contact him about getting it to him, or maybe you can call his wife, as he is up in a plane right now searching for Nikki.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
IRONHEAD
Member of the Pain Train

at this point guys I reccomend holding the flights we have 5 out there with trained SAR spotters. if pat needs to be reimbursed send him the dough. gradyman's and my flight yesterday is already covered. I amnot sure if he is holding off on a flight today or not i tried to get ahold of him and relay the message. we will move moneys around so no one is left holding the bag. anything left we will figure out how to disperse it later. right now were praying that the CG guys get their search done and they make it back safe and hopefully find nikki.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #15
fizisition
Official Spearboard Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbill View Post
I know Pat is paying for the Plane we chartered yesterday out of his pocket, because I saw the receipt when he payed for it with his credit card.

I would contact him about getting it to him, or maybe you can call his wife, as he is up in a plane right now searching for Nikki.
Here is the paypal account info:

sales@e-searider.com

Bridget
Closed Thread