Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 05-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
musubi

Big Island Spearos

Hey Everyone. I live on the Big Island and I've been diving a few years now. Lately, I've been looking for others to dive (spearfish) with and wasn't sure how to go about finding people, so I'm trying this forum.

Spearfishing has been my addiction and I'm looking to eventually take it further than diving here. I dive (or hunt) almost every weekend and I really am looking for someone who shares the interest and motivation like I do (and someone safe).

I've been through Level 1 FII (and will be taking Level II next month), if people look for that.

Anyways, shoot back a reply to this thread or PM if you're interested in meeting up.
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Behslayer

Re: Big Island Spearos

MuSubi, Are you up on Hilo side? I'm down in Kona area and sometimes go West or South. Don't like to drive too far usually. My #1 priority is safety as I like to dive the deeper reef. So, I'm there when you surface and expect the same. Sometimes I can dive Sat. Can dive more often weekdays in Mornings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm5y2wXTvIY a little bit of MuSubi action.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

My son and I will be in Kona June 9th - 15th. We would love to get out with some locals and get some dives in. If I knew I had a solid local with good knowledge I would bring my gear

I will have a car and should be able to sneak away from the wife at least once or twice. Let me know if either of you wants to connect.
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
Behslayer

Hi Alashaman, My friend Jono from Malibu area coming those same dates with his kids. Not sure I'll be free then. Definitely bring you dive gear. If you don't feel like dragging a gun over I got an old one you could borrow. Get in touch when you are here and I'll see if there's a window for me to go. With my good friend visiting and my two young kids, that week might be tough, but I'll try.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:30 PM   #5
musubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alashaman View Post
My son and I will be in Kona June 9th - 15th. We would love to get out with some locals and get some dives in. If I knew I had a solid local with good knowledge I would bring my gear

I will have a car and should be able to sneak away from the wife at least once or twice. Let me know if either of you wants to connect.
I gotta check my schedule (and with the other half, haha) for that week. I'm off of work on June 11 (King Kamehameha Day) and would be down to dive. I can let you know if your schedule permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
MuSubi, Are you up on Hilo side? I'm down in Kona area and sometimes go West or South. Don't like to drive too far usually. My #1 priority is safety as I like to dive the deeper reef. So, I'm there when you surface and expect the same. Sometimes I can dive Sat. Can dive more often weekdays in Mornings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm5y2wXTvIY a little bit of MuSubi action.
Cool vid and funny name for it! Yup, love my Mu's. Actually it's my fiance's favorite, so I always try and keep one in the fridge for her.
I'll be in touch.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #6
Sebastien

Hi guys

I am on Big Island at the moment and can dive anytime really the GF wants some fish��
Based of Kona I can drive anywhere really...
Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
musubi

Just bumping my own thread.

Really looking for people that are motivated and passionate as I am. I go out every week, usually on the weekend, when I'm free, with my partners, but looking for people more consistent and someone that shares my drive.

Even if you want to jump in for a dive here and there, let me know.

I'm usually hunting on the deeper reefs where and when I can. I'm certified in Level's I and II FII. Now I'm looking at taking Level III. Maybe at the end of the year.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:21 AM   #8
willspearfrfood

Hey, seeing how this is basically a spearing buddy thread for the big island, I will be in Kona from December 12-15. I have all my dive gear, I知 down for whatever, shore dive or I can pitch in gas/beer money for a boat. I have plenty of experience, can operate boats, and like you guys safety is my number one. It would be great to meet up and dive with someone while I知 there. Let me know.
Thanks, Willy
willspearfrfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #9
Behslayer

Willspearfrfood, Sorry I been using my dive time to establish a garden. Normally I'd offer to go out. Hopefully there's other people. My dive partners are still going out several days/week but they are on this deep diving kick and it's not for everyone.. They are shooting at 170-180'. Try posting on the Hawaii Spearfishing and Freediving Facebook page a lot of active divers are on there. Musubi, what about Billy out of Kawaihae?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
willspearfrfood

No worries thanks for the response. And ya definitely not trying to dive do those depths hahaha.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #11
musubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by willspearfrfood View Post
Hey, seeing how this is basically a spearing buddy thread for the big island, I will be in Kona from December 12-15. I have all my dive gear, I知 down for whatever, shore dive or I can pitch in gas/beer money for a boat. I have plenty of experience, can operate boats, and like you guys safety is my number one. It would be great to meet up and dive with someone while I知 there. Let me know.
Thanks, Willy
I'm tied up this week unfortunately. Yeah, definitely check out the Hawaii Spearfishing Facebook page and ask. You might get someone to jump in with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Willspearfrfood, Sorry I been using my dive time to establish a garden. Normally I'd offer to go out. Hopefully there's other people. My dive partners are still going out several days/week but they are on this deep diving kick and it's not for everyone.. They are shooting at 170-180'. Try posting on the Hawaii Spearfishing and Freediving Facebook page a lot of active divers are on there. Musubi, what about Billy out of Kawaihae?
I met him once when I was doing my FII Level II at Honaunau. Nice guy. I emailed him about going, but I think he's more into freediving these days. Let me know about your availability these days
Old 12-12-2019, 12:30 AM   #12
willspearfrfood

I知 in Kona now, no plans just cruisin, surfing, and diving. Let me know if anyone wants to dive.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:39 AM   #13
Behslayer

Will check your private messages.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:48 PM   #14
musubi

Just bumping a thread of mine.
Message me here on Spearboard or on DeeperBlue forums with the same name, musubi.
I'd do FB, but I've had better luck with forum contacts.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:44 AM   #15
alldayreese

Bump:

In Kona for the week, brought warm water suite and 120 reel gun. Saved some money. If anyone is around or has a skipper I'll chip in on gas.
Mohalo

Reese

Stay Calm.....

Last edited by alldayreese; 12-26-2021 at 03:12 PM.
alldayreese is offline   Reply With Quote