Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Buddy Networking - California

Buddy Networking - California Looking to hook-up with some fellow Californians? Try here.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
mermandrowning

Santa Cruz Island Scheduled Trips

Spearfishing trips scheduled for this month are available now for July.
Hi there fellow spearos,
I've been spearfishing on the Peace dive boat out of Ventura for many years now. The owner retired last July and retired the Peace as well.
I was hoping to see it start up again with the new owner Supiro this year. He is currently waiting on CG release. I usually do about 6-8 trips a year, plus numerous shore diving in Ventura County. The shore diving visibility has also sucked this year.
Sorry, I cannot wait another day! The beaches are closing now and I must get in the water. I dropped a few thousand dollars so us experienced spearfishermen, without access to boats, can get out to the islands.
I chartered a professional dive boat this month in July for four one day trips to Santa Cruz. I have always had luck in June/July season with white sea bass in the kelp beds of Santa Cruz Island.
My first one day trip of 10 people is full for the July 10th. I currently have 10 spots on these following one day trips to Santa Cruz Island July 17th, 24th and 31st. All spots were taken for the July 10th trip in a matter of hours by friends and a posted on Facebook. If you are interested let me know. Must be able to prove your experienced spearfisherman.
Not sure how fast the boat will fill up, but if any of you have friends that have been hunting Santa Cruz Island you know whats up!!
I'm not a business, not for profit, just want to spearfish the islands.
mermandrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
Benjammin

Re: Santa Cruz Island Scheduled Trips

Awesome job man, I would love to dive Rosa or any of the Channel Islands. Pm me the details. I’ve been on several peace trips to the islands, tanner and Cortez. So sad they retired but I understand. Thanks again for the open invite
Benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote