Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Sponsor Announcements! > Manufacturers

Manufacturers Here is info relevant to manufacturers who are sponsors of Spearboard.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

Keller Aquatics Pole Spear Reviews 2014

We received a few reviews this year on our pole spears and wanted to share them. Thank You!

Karl

Juan did a review. Please check it out!

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=176507

As you all know, the world of the pole spear has been evolving quite rapidly these days. Everything from detachable/slip tips to carbon fiber/composite materials and increasing lengths. All for the sake of performance.

In this write-up, I wanted to take a moment to talk about the Keller's range. As previously mentioned the pole spear has been practically rebuilt from the ground up in order to land what we would hope to be any fish in any circumstance. This being said, distance and speed being a big factor when landing a lot of different species.

Being in what may be my later stages of a hunter, I like to hunt challenging fish. So much so, that often I'll pick a smaller more elusive and quicker fish over just a really big fish… This requires ability not only on part of the hunter, but of the spear as well. Moreover, couple a fast fish with open terrain, and then you absolutely need range!

This year, I found myself really testing this spear by taking some pretty far shots on some tough fish, wether it be pelagic or reef, and could not be more satisfied with the performance of the spear. I made it a point to take shots where I had to chase down fish in motion thinking that the probability of landing them was not much, yet to my surprise, BAM!... got em! I will never forget swimming after a cruising mackerel in about fifty feet, where I dove down chasing him at a 30 degree angle and trying to wave him down. Not being able to entirely catch up and just getting a glimpse of his side, I let the spear fly… and yes, nailed him right where I aimed! On another instance, I was after a weary mutton out on the open where it was just in range but swimming erratically. I practically led him as you would a fast pelagic, while switching angles as I aimed from one side to another. Having one of those "now or never" moments as he got further from me, I released the spear. To my surprise, the shot connected, having landed me a personal best mutton(not only in size, but in difficulty)! On many of these shots, I'm shooting to where the spear will travel past my reach. So, I'm estimating that with this 10ft. spear I'm making shots at about it's length!

In conclusion, I'm seeing that the art of making an all around effective spear relies not just in materials and craftsmanship, but in numbers. What I mean is, the Big Killer is fine tuned to where it's size is powered by a hefty band(precise diameter), which is cut a the perfect length(precise stretch), so that when pulled to "the sweet spot"(a specifically placed loading grip), the perfect ratio of length, to weight, to power, is being applied and the spear performs to an optimum capacity. In my opinion, the Keller Big Killer is one of the top spears on the market today, not only due to it's durability, but to it's performance as well!

Juan Carballo

thanks

KELLER AQUATICS
Big Game Pole Spears/ Custom Knives

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

DON'T SHOOT A WIMPY SPEAR!!
aquatics@kellerbizz.com

http://kelleraquatics.com

561-927-6400

Last edited by Keller Aquatics; 09-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Keller Aquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

Re: Keller Aquatics Pole Spear Reviews 2014

Review 2: From Ryfish

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=176466

Well it has been a great summer! I was able to get over to the Bahamas five different times this summer and put the new Keller Elite Pro pole spear through its paces.

First off, when I received the Elite Pro 13ft spear from Karl at the beginning of the summer I had some concern of it being "too big" but after swimming with it now for five different long weekend trips to the Bahamas this thing performs better then I expected, and I wouldn't go over to the Bahamas without it!

The spear its self is 10ft and the shaft I used is 3ft so a total length of 13ft. The band I used for this spear is not your typical pole spear band either, I actually used 9/16th speargun band rubber and had a band stretch of 8ft! This set up really powers the spear amazingly well and I was able to make some ridiculous shots on those wary mutton snapper and grouper. I was also able to stick a nice 40lb kingfish and take longer shots on those shy yellow jacks. When you power this spear up with the band I use it shots like a laser (this spear is not slow by any means) and you can take 8ft plus shots no problem, and have the confidence that the slip-tip will be planted on the opposite side of a big fish, and being able to yank that big grouper or snapper from going in a hole.

I know this spear isn't for everyone, as it is kind of over-kill for shallow water. But if you want to hunt the big boys in deeper water over 50ft this thing really comes into its own. Pair it with a slip-tip, floatline attached to the band, and a float there isn't anything that can swim up to you that you can't shot and land.

Keller has really put together a nice package now with the newest generation of slip-tips and the front end spears being the same size. You can easily change from a 8ft spear to 13ft spear just by just changing the back end of the spear. You can truly hunt everything with these spears.

We all spend a lot of money and time to get in the right spot to shot trophy fish and these spears are built tough and are up to the challenge of big fish. No worries about them breaking and losing that trophy you worked so hard for.

Here are some photos of fish shot this summer with the new Elite Pro. Check out Keller's site and facebook page. Here are the links!

https://www.facebook.com/KellerAquatics

http://www.kelleraquatics.com/

KELLER AQUATICS

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

aquatics@kellerbizz.com

561-927-6400

Old 09-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

Review 3: Captain Lyter

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=177242

I used the Bahamas Guide spear this season on the panhandle, my backyard. I was hunting for large red snapper most of the season and couldn't get the distance to close up on any of the larger fish. With that being said I got to puncture many fish in the 8-10lb range. Hit quite a few solid mangroves and plenty of trigger to go around. This spear packs a heavy punch with out sacrificing speed. I didn't have to worry about twisting my spear when loading due to the lack of flex, and when this bad boy is loaded; it was fairly comfortable on my hand. Most other hybrids I've used are a lot skinnier and I find then uncomfortable keeping them loaded for long periods of time. When you release this shaft, it has a distinct sound when it hits fish, and you know you've gone through!

My only down fall was hunting a large grouper on a wreck, we got the grouper to come out of his hole and pack a shaft into his gills. The fish swam off into the superstructure of the boat, it took Blake and I around 45 minutes and a couple deep breathes to swim in and get the shaft back. (That's what Blake Bidwell is good for!) Where that fish went I have no idea. The main shaft is perfectly fine but the injector rod was bend beyond further use and the flopper was gone. This really isn't the spears fault I should have had a slip tip setup to hit a fish of that size and the structure he lives in. But we put the spear to the test that's for sure.I didn't get to dive as much this year as I wanted but we still got some solid dives in!

All in all, this spear is insane! I recommend it to anyone who will be hunting large reef fish and of course it will handle anything less. Just keep in mind you'll need the proper rigging for specific fish.

Don't worry I cut my hair. And the fish might not be record material but fine sandwich fillets there were! This was about 30minutes before we shot the grouper.

KELLER AQUATICS

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

aquatics@kellerbizz.com

561-927-6400

Old 10-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

A FB review from Sean David.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-03-13-00-08.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	211195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-03-13-00-20.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	211196  

KELLER AQUATICS

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

aquatics@kellerbizz.com

561-927-6400

Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

Review from Leo Wallman.

https://spearfishingtoday.com/news/r...ear/#more-6330

Overall.

I got a new best friend. What an amazing pole spear. What a power. My dear Karl. I am really happy with your Keller pole spear. I wanna congratulate you having created this product. It does the work like you claim it does: BIG GAME!!!! And that makes you unique from other pole spears I used. Karl, you added a new dimension to my love for pole spearing. Spearos bring different guns on a trip. One for reef, one for blue, etc. And now I can do the same for pole spearing. If you like pole spearing just for smaller Snapper, Lobster, Hogfish then use a different pole spear than the Big Killer Pole Spear I used. When I go for bigger fish, without a single doubt this Keller Aquatic pole spear is my first choice.

KELLER AQUATICS

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

aquatics@kellerbizz.com

561-927-6400

Old 11-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

Review from Justin Baker

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&fref=nf

My review of Keller aquatics big game pole spears:

My name is Justin Baker and I was introduced to Keller Aquatics Big Game Pole Spears at the east coast open back in 2012. I had been in the market for a bahamas pole spear for a while at this point but was very leary of purchasing a carbon spear after hearing from numerous people that under the right pressure they would snap! I dont know about you, but I feel I think, like most people “I aint got the money for that!" When I checked out the Keller 10' spear the first thing I thought was “yup this thing will definetly dish out a beating to fish, take one itself, shoot a long distance, and most importantly not BREAK” This was the one for me! It took a bit of a learning curve to handle a ten foot spear for me but every time it left my hand to shoot fish I could feel the power behind it was definetly meant to kill whats in the name “Big Game” I got the eight foot model about a month later which suited the diving conditions for me here at home (low visibility and hunting in rocks) much better and love it just as much!
Once I got sort of comfortable hunting snappers and grouper's on the bottom and started targeting fish in the pelagic category is when the 10' really started to shine. But still some of the larger pelagics were just out of range in certain instances. Then the “game changer” arrived on my doorstep the 12' Big Killer back section and extended shaft! Problem solved... this spear far exceeds the range of any other that I have witnessed and just gives you that “its going down” feeling while swimming with it. After being over to the islands a few times I will say that no Spear is perfect, and in situations with large to extra-large size class fish I did witness the spear bend slightly. However as stated earlier though the real beauty of these Spears is the rugged durable un"break"ability, all we had to do was put the bent section in a deck cleat or rod holder of the boat and bend it straight and we were right back in business which to me was of the utmost importance considering you can't just pull up to the next island and pick up a new spear... If you ask me you really can't beat Keller aquatics pole Spears they take a licking and keep on ticking!

I did forget to mention the Spears are backed from any defects 100% by the owner of the company Karl P. Keller who happens to be one of the nicest dudes in the industry!!!

KELLER AQUATICS

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

aquatics@kellerbizz.com

561-927-6400