Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
tjbrown82
Registered User
 
tjbrown82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Arrow Have boat...need passengers! :)

Looking for a few good men!
I have a boat but need some diving and/or fishing buddies. I'd like to hit the islands but shore dives are awesome too! Let me know if you'd like to come along. We usually split the cost of gas and some help pulling anchor would be nice. I'm in the San Fernando valley so we can launch from Cabrillo or Channel Islands.
Happy spearing!
tjbrown82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Ethan kills
OG Troll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: With the seals at the Children's Pool
Age: 37
Posts: 5,377
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Dude you have to hit this guy mainphrame up on here. He has been diving the channel islands for 30 years and has a crew of freedive scouters that make sure his spots are holding fish! He is basically the best diver/fisherman on this board.
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
ralphthehalibut
avvie chute>calico curls
 
ralphthehalibut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD, or thereabouts
Posts: 8,057
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Plus one on mainphrame. Just be sure to file a float plan with the Coast Guard before you leave
ralphthehalibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
tjbrown82
Registered User
 
tjbrown82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Thanks guys....I'll get ahold of him. I also have an account with fishdope so I'm grabbing as much info daily as I can. If either of you wanna come out...let me know!
tjbrown82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
tjbrown82
Registered User
 
tjbrown82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Cool Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan kills View Post
Dude you have to hit this guy mainphrame up on here. He has been diving the channel islands for 30 years and has a crew of freedive scouters that make sure his spots are holding fish! He is basically the best diver/fisherman on this board.
Ethan...wasn't it just last a few days ago you were talking a lot of crap to mainphrame and now you're referring me to him? What's that about???
tjbrown82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Trimbandit
discord and rhyme
 
Trimbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 2,879
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbrown82 View Post
Ethan...wasn't it just last a few days ago you were talking a lot of crap to mainphrame and now you're referring me to him? What's that about???
Just ignore him
__________________
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
Trimbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
tjbrown82
Registered User
 
tjbrown82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

I read the pm I got from this character Ethan kills...telling me how he was kidding when he said to get ahold of mainphrame. I'm not looking for vindictive divers whose way of joking is to refer someone to a guy that they think put people's lives in danger. He needs to grow up. Stupid childish crap. I also saw what ralphthehalibut had to say on that post they were all on the other day. I give you more credit ralphthehalibut...you were decent to the guy and even if you didn't agree with him - the bashing and smack talk wasn't your intent. Way to look out for another spearo.

Having that said...I'm just trying to find some decent divers or guys that wanna fish. I have a boat...i'm ready to go...just need to get some more bodies on the boat. Not for financial reasons, I could take it out on my own if i really wanted. But more for the safety in numbers. SO if anyone is interested in going out on the water...let me know. I'm a decent guy...I have experience and the motivation.

spear on.
tjbrown82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Ethan kills
OG Troll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: With the seals at the Children's Pool
Age: 37
Posts: 5,377
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

I said I was sorry. I shouldn't drag anyone else into the mainphrame dilemma. Honestly it was super immature to even post on this thread. Good luck in your search for a dive buddy.
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Drew
Registered User
 
Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santa Barbara/Mendo
Age: 34
Posts: 110
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Thats a cool offer you're giving out. If I lived closer i'd definitely take you up on it. Shore diving is great and mostly all that I do. But anytime an island offer comes up along with a cruise on someones boat i'm on it and always willing to pull weight! Good luck in your search!
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
WOODY LB
Registered User
 
WOODY LB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: long beach ca
Posts: 140
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

don't mind these little punk ass kids . just a bunch of shit* talking..Keep me in mind i would like to go hit the islands .... I'm done with work at the end of June..just pick up a 64 Alexander .super stoke d let's try to work out some dates.thanks
WOODY LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker
 
"Yard-Sale Josh"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ur moms
Age: 29
Posts: 6,910
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbrown82 View Post
I read the pm I got from this character Ethan kills...telling me how he was kidding when he said to get ahold of mainphrame. I'm not looking for vindictive divers whose way of joking is to refer someone to a guy that they think put people's lives in danger. He needs to grow up. Stupid childish crap. I also saw what ralphthehalibut had to say on that post they were all on the other day. I give you more credit ralphthehalibut...you were decent to the guy and even if you didn't agree with him - the bashing and smack talk wasn't your intent. Way to look out for another spearo.

Having that said...I'm just trying to find some decent divers or guys that wanna fish. I have a boat...i'm ready to go...just need to get some more bodies on the boat. Not for financial reasons, I could take it out on my own if i really wanted. But more for the safety in numbers. SO if anyone is interested in going out on the water...let me know. I'm a decent guy...I have experience and the motivation.

spear on.
I will pull the hell out of your anchor in another 29 days when I'm back in malibu.
Been H&L for a long time and diving for a bit. Love killing me some reds or lings then shooting yellows or the other way around
__________________
For all your diving needs Petros has you covered
www.spearamerica.com
instagram: yardsalejosh
"Yard-Sale Josh" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Bill McIntyre
Registered User
 
Bill McIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Clemente, CA
Age: 82
Posts: 39,143
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Come on guys. Mainphrame is a complete dipshit, but we can't make him a project.

This is a perfect example. Someone new posts a thread, and we immediately **** it up with references to mainphrame.

When we do that, we let him take over the board even when he isn't posting in the thread.

If he posts and you can't resist, then answer him. But don't screw up everyone else's threads by dragging him into it. You're just giving him power that he doesn't deserve.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 37
Posts: 6,829
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Come on guys. Mainphrame is a complete dipshit, but we can't make him a project.

This is a perfect example. Someone new posts a thread, and we immediately **** it up with references to mainphrame.

When we do that, we let him take over the board even when he isn't posting in the thread.

If he posts and you can't resist, then answer him. But don't screw up everyone else's threads by dragging him into it. You're just giving him power that he doesn't deserve.
Wise words
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
tjbrown82
Registered User
 
tjbrown82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Come on guys. Mainphrame is a complete dipshit, but we can't make him a project.

This is a perfect example. Someone new posts a thread, and we immediately **** it up with references to mainphrame.

When we do that, we let him take over the board even when he isn't posting in the thread.

If he posts and you can't resist, then answer him. But don't screw up everyone else's threads by dragging him into it. You're just giving him power that he doesn't deserve.
Thanks for the support Bill. You're the Man and we all know it. I'd be honored to dive with you any day!
tjbrown82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
Ethan kills
OG Troll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: With the seals at the Children's Pool
Age: 37
Posts: 5,377
Re: Have boat...need passengers! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Come on guys. Mainphrame is a complete dipshit, but we can't make him a project.

This is a perfect example. Someone new posts a thread, and we immediately **** it up with references to mainphrame.

When we do that, we let him take over the board even when he isn't posting in the thread.

If he posts and you can't resist, then answer him. But don't screw up everyone else's threads by dragging him into it. You're just giving him power that he doesn't deserve.
I totally agree. I feel like a total shit head for bringing him up.
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dive buddy, diving, fishing

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com