Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 09-30-2021, 05:13 PM   #286
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Here's a little investment.
Cant go wrong with firearms unless you panic buy.I was considering selling a custom 308 bolt gun I bought 20 years ago.Buddy up here does gunsmith work and said it would cost right at 3k to build the gun today without optics.It was made to hunt Senderos in texas.Officer retired had the gun built and before he could get to Texas to hunt he passed.
My buddy bought all of the guns and I got to pick a few out for a sweet price.I have sold some stuff to fund my night vision gear and will probably sell a few more toys to free up safe space and to go into the sailboat fund.
Wish when I was single I would have bought every Colt,H&K and NFA items I could.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:02 PM   #287
OBLIGATED

My oldest son has been pestering me about buying a Crypto currency called Shib inu.I have been getting material for the house,working on boats and when I get time ride the bikes.
Evidently I snoozed too long.He is up thousands and the wife almost into the thousand dollar area.
Maybe they will buy me a nice Sushi dinner with the spoils.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:08 PM   #288
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Coal miners have been beaten down merciless as of late while the price of coal has been going higher. I'm eyeing up BTU for an entry point.

Coal Demand Booms Under Biden As Prices Hit 2009 Levels
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 11-23-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:58 PM   #289
OBLIGATED

Bought some FSR (Fisker)about a month ago.The other electric car stock was too rich for me.
Still dribbling money into SWPPX.It was up around 25%YTD last time I checked.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:36 PM   #290
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Bought some FSR (Fisker)about a month ago.The other electric car stock was too rich for me.
Still dribbling money into SWPPX.It was up around 25%YTD last time I checked.
If you think EV vehicles will actually make it, you might want to take a look at RIDE...especially right now.
I might take a position in BTU on Monday. Manipulation for options expiry drove it down. Expecting a turn around on Monday.
Took a position in SIGA. So far so good.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 11-19-2021, 10:03 PM   #291
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If you think EV vehicles will actually make it, you might want to take a look at RIDE...especially right now.
I might take a position in BTU on Monday. Manipulation for options expiry drove it down. Expecting a turn around on Monday.
Took a position in SIGA. So far so good.
My kids friend made about 70k on FSR and said it was under valued.He made stupid money on Tesla and sold most of it.I dont have his kind of money to drop.
I followed a friend of mine today that bought a Tesla with my bike.He was GONE in a few seconds.I was hitting 85-90 and he was gone.I doubt I would ever buy a electric bike.I like the rumble.
Im looking at a few 30 ft boats to fix up and flip.I do better with boats than the market.Lots of sweat equity but I dont worry as much.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #292
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Coal miners have been beaten down merciless as of late while the price of coal has been going higher. I'm eyeing up BTU for an entry point.

Coal Demand Booms Under Biden As Prices Hit 2009 Levels
So far so good. Jumped in yesterday morning. ARCH is moving up as well.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:16 AM   #293
Marcus

TGB. I'm looking for a double from here. As always, do your own research.

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/TGB
Old 11-26-2021, 03:37 PM   #294
OBLIGATED

A buddy of mine that is pretty well off said I should get a loan against my house and put it in the market because rates are so low.After losing my log home after the Obunghole years Im not financing so some bankster can profit from my loss.Peace of mind has its rewards too.
I am pondering buying some more land and building under a LLC.Im just not the gambling type or a fan of instant gratification.Set a goal and keep chipping away and when you get it you did something.Might not be the biggest,fastest or the next in thing but you earned and own it.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:44 PM   #295
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Peace of mind has its rewards too.
...you earned and own it.
Yes...yes, it does. Haven't had any debt for 32 years...don't plan on ever having any ever again. Peace of mind is priceless.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #296
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Yes...yes, it does. Haven't had any debt for 32 years...don't plan on ever having any ever again. Peace of mind is priceless.
Got a relative thats up to his eyeballs in debt on a few houses,new vehicles and a crap load of credit cards.He was pretty cocky a few months ago.Not so much now.Around 10k a month in payments.IF you make 15-20 k a month on a regular basis it should not be an issue.When you get loans to live the crap you see on TV and dont have enough income to cover loans that come due things go to shit quick.
Told him about Dave Ramsey.Got an attitude.An attitude from someone that has put several homes up his nose and burned a marriage and few long term relationships from lack of self control.
Not my Circus and not my Monkey as I tell the wife now.Not my kid and not my son.Not my problem.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:02 PM   #297
OBLIGATED

Anyone do treasury bond?I heard they were going to start paying around 7%.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:34 PM   #298
OBLIGATED

Well everything looks like it took a dump!Im still up in Ford but even my SWPPX is a little under.
Talked to my bank and started CDs.Going to ladder them for every 1/4 for emergency.Not going to make anything but it wont be taking a big hit.Not cashing out on the stocks/funds but Im not dropping money in now.
Bought a Benelli 12Ga. that was a safe queen for well under what they go for and a SIG 228 that was spotless since the guy never put a whole box of ammo through it!Every now and then I get a deal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	benellimontefeltro.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	247723  
Old 02-17-2022, 09:24 PM   #299
OBLIGATED

This little beast just came into heat.She carries Isabella and cream colors.We have a stud lined up that is Isabella but maty go with a Merle.Merle is a grand more for stud.
Puppies per my son on the cheap side run 10k and top out around 15k depending their build and results from the vet after 8 weeks.
His last two litters were four pups and went for 8-10k which is good for their bloodlines and color.His first Frenchy litter was 9 pups.
I now have to build a 10x16 shed with dog doors and fenced area if I dont want to smell puppies in the house for 9 weeks.
These are high energy dogs.Very affectionate with a face only a mother would love.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calistaspooky.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	247733  
Old 02-28-2022, 04:40 PM   #300
Marcus

Care to catch a falling knife? Check out RSX. Crap loads of volume with becoming ridiculously underpriced. I'm monitoring for a buy point.